Cougar Dating Myths Debunked
Find out what it's really like for an older woman to date a younger man
Myth #5: A cougar won't fit into a younger man's social circle or vice versa.
Fact: The couple may experience some negativity, especially in the initial stages of the relationship. I've personally been subjected to a few snide comments such as: "Is that your son?" or "Dude, does she get a senior citizen rate at the movies?" Like any atypical relationship, there will be people who support the couple's choices and those who put it down. The couple should be prepared to deal with everything from admiration to hostility from friends, acquaintances, and family.
ON YOURTANGO: 25 Romantic Ways To Say "I Love You"
Myth #6: A cougar is going to get old and become unattractive to the younger man.
Fact: Cougars keep physically fit and tend to look much younger than their age. Any woman will age over time—probably not as gracefully as a cougar. She has the financial ability, motivation, and time to eat healthy and exercise. If a man is in a relationship with an older woman, he's usually there because of her personality as much as her looks.
More On MSN
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- Couples, what your sleep position reveals
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds