Forget Me Not
Eight Ways To Make A Lasting Impression
2. Have a balanced conversation.
Anyone who's been on the silent end of a one-sided conversation knows how unpleasant it is, so be sure not to monopolize things. "Avoid the data dump," says Demarais. In other words, speak a little bit about yourself, and then ask questions, being sure to give whoever you're speaking to a chance to think and respond—without interrupting.
The best conversations are a seamless back-and-forth banter, because it creates the opportunity for mutual connections. "If someone wants to know more about your dog or exotic cooking habits, they can ask you questions," notes Demarais.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 5 Habits of Punctual People
More On MSN
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
- 10 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Lorde's Makeup Collaboration
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- Designers Reveal Their Guilty Decor Pleasures
- 10 Ways To Refresh Your White Button-Down
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds