Forget Me Not
Eight Ways To Make A Lasting Impression
2. Have a balanced conversation.
Anyone who's been on the silent end of a one-sided conversation knows how unpleasant it is, so be sure not to monopolize things. "Avoid the data dump," says Demarais. In other words, speak a little bit about yourself, and then ask questions, being sure to give whoever you're speaking to a chance to think and respond—without interrupting.
The best conversations are a seamless back-and-forth banter, because it creates the opportunity for mutual connections. "If someone wants to know more about your dog or exotic cooking habits, they can ask you questions," notes Demarais.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 5 Habits of Punctual People
More On MSN
- How to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- Save Using These Shopping Codes
- Your Ultimate Guide to At-Home Self-Tanners
- 12 Festival Outfits Inspired By Celebrities
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds