Forget Me Not
Eight Ways To Make A Lasting Impression
4. Convey interest.
An effective way to leave a good impression on someone you've just met is to ask them about themselves during the course of the conversation. "When you're interested, you're interesting," says Jill Spiegel, author of How to Talk to Anyone About Anything.
Show someone that you care about what they're saying by asking questions as well as displaying subtle signs that you're interested in the response, such as nodding or indicating agreement. It makes them feel admired, in turn making them admire you. Even better? Making it a two-way street by finding a common ground and sharing your own interests. "Speaking about your own passions quite literally brings out the best in you," says Demarais. "It will make you smile and exude excitement—traits that are naturally appealing to others."
ON WOMAN'S DAY: How to Say No
More On MSN
- 11 Eco-Friendly Brands To Shop Right Now
- 10 Things Guys Really Do After a Breakup
- SNL alum lands huge Garnier campaign
- Decorate A Rental Without Losing Your Deposit
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds