Forget Me Not
Eight Ways To Make A Lasting Impression
6. Contribute to the conversation.
"The goal is not to just be part of a room or conversation, but to add value to it," says Rudan. When you take a conversation one step further—whether by adding an interesting factoid or elaborating on something that has already been touched upon—people will note that you truly understand the topic at hand, signaling that you are equals and that there is potential for you to learn from each other. "Think of every conversation as building something together," says Spiegel.
Another way to be of service is to actively try to make everybody around you more comfortable; try introducing people who haven't previously met, or engage a person standing alone in the corner in conversation. "Others will be in awe of your generosity and inspired by your leadership," says Spiegel. Rudan adds, "This type of action pins you as a giver as opposed to a taker," a quality most people appreciate.
More On MSN
- 11 Eco-Friendly Brands To Shop Right Now
- 10 Things Guys Really Do After a Breakup
- SNL alum lands huge Garnier campaign
- Decorate A Rental Without Losing Your Deposit
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds