How to Face Your Biggest Fears
Fear Of Intimacy
"Men don't have a corner on the market of fear of intimacy and commitment, but we can be pretty good at it," says Rutledge. Whether it's you or your partner who is intimacy averse, Rutledge advises looking at these fears as the starting point for exploration.
Uncovering the specifics of why there's a fear of closeness is the key to truly understanding it. Rutledge suggests asking questions in order to get to the heart of the matter: "What is it about commitment that is scary? Are you afraid you are going to discover that you have made a mistake? Are you afraid that if someone gets to really know you, they will reject you? Has someone in your past taken advantage of your being vulnerable in relationship?"
More On MSN
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- SNL alum lands huge Garnier campaign
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds