How to Face Your Biggest Fears
Fear Of Decision-Making
When two roads diverge, to reference the poet Robert Frost, we sometimes hem and haw at the sight of both paths, paralyzed over the choice of which to travel. But Rutledge says we don't really fear making a decision. Instead, "we are more specifically afraid of making the wrong decision."
If you start feeling panicked when determining which road might lead to a better outcome, know that there's a lesson to be learned. "Decision-making is an excellent place to learn about differentiating between healthy fear and neurotic fear," says Rutledge. "Neurotic fear emanates that perfectionist belief that all decisions must be the right decisions. Following the guidance of that fear will just get us stuck. Healthy fear will guide us to be careful and thorough when we are making decisions—it will help us move forward and allow us to take risks."
More On MSN
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- Couples, what your sleep position reveals
- 9 Stylish DIY Ideas for Easter
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- 11 Creative Outfits For In-Between Weather
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds