How to Face Your Biggest Fears
Fear Of Failure
Whether you're about to start a job, take on a difficult project at work, or begin a romantic relationship, the idea that things might not work out can overshadow the excitement of embarking on a new journey. "The fear of failure can be paralyzing," says Rutledge, "so much so that it can actually become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
"The goal is not to be rid of the fear, but instead is to move forward in spite of it," says Rutledge. "It has become cliché to say, 'Courage is moving on in spite of fear rather than the absence of fear.' But cliché or not, this is a crucial to understand. There really is no success without the risk of failure. If you are facing that daunting project and you can feel the fear rising in you, take a deep breath, tell yourself that you are willing to risk failure—then step up to the challenge."
More On MSN
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway