Glo's Girl Crushes Of The Week
- Next1 of 8Glo
- Previous Next2 of 8Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 8Frank Micelotta/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 8Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 8All Access Photo Agency/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 8Roshan Perera/Splash News
- Previous Next7 of 8Ida Mae Astute/Disney ABC Television Group
- Previous Next8 of 8RD/Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital
- Glo's Girl Crushes Of The WeekSimplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 10 Things to Watch, Read & Shop in December
- 10 Love Lessons Moms Should Teach Daughters
- How to Be More Outrospective
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- Sagittarius: Guide to Life, Love & Style
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Veterans' Day trivia
- Our Favorite Men of Movember
- Best Relationship Advice From Country Music
- 8 Things Never to Say at Thanksgiving Dinner
- How to Get Your Kids to Stop Bickering
- Have an Adult Relationship With Your Parents
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- 21 Books That Make Great Gifts
- Home-for-the-Holidays Survival Guide
- 17 Things to See, Do and Celebrate This Month
- 8 Annoying Lies You Need to Stop Telling
- The Number One Reason You're Still Single
RELA_intro card_Girlcrush_v01a1 of 8
Emily Blunt2 of 8
By Natasha Burton
We love a gal who loves herself, and this recently-wedded actress told British Elle that she is not a fan of the Photoshop: "I don't like it when they stretch you out and make you all long and skinny. It makes you look like a Barbie. Who the hell looks like that?" We sure don't, Em!
Angela Burt Murray3 of 8
Another woman speaking her mind is this Essence editor. In response to the recent uproar that an African-American magazine hired a Caucasian fashion director, Angela commented that Elianna Places was hired because of her "creativity, vision, [and] the positive reader response to her work.” She said she'd rather people respond to real issues within her magazine, like the rise of HIV among African-American women, not whom she hires.
Sophia Bush4 of 8
The One Tree Hill actress recently spoke out against retailer Urban Outfitters, specifically a t-shirt they sell reading “Eat Less.” She said in an open letter: "To promote starvation? To promote anorexia, which leads to heart disease, bone density loss and a slew of other health problems, not least of all psychological issues that never go away? Shame on you. I will no longer be shopping at your stores.”
Gloria Allred5 of 8
This civil rights attorney is doing a boycott as well … of the eating variety. She recently said that she is going on a food fast, ending on August 19 (the 90th anniversary of the 19th amendment, which gave women the right to vote) in order to raise awareness for passing the Equal Rights Amendment.
Janice Dickinson6 of 8
Okay, so we know this former supermodel can be a little wacky, but we dig her "do as I say, not as I do" parenting style. While Janice doesn’t deny her extensive cosmetic procedures, when it comes to her 16-year old daughter, she says "the answer to surgery is no. People say nasty things about me but I'm the most protective mum on the planet."
ON WONDERWALL: LADY GAGA TELLS ALL
Shirley Sherrod7 of 8
After a taken-out-of-context video of the Georgia State Director of Rural Development for the USDA forced her resignation, Shirley is exercising her legal rights and plans to sue Andrew Breitbart, the blogger who released the clip. We admire a woman who will not only stand up for herself, but will also make an example of those who try to manipulate the truth.
Sara Gilbert8 of 8
The Rosanne actress gets our nod of approval this week for staying true to — and proud of — who she is. Sara will be open about her sexuality for the first time on her new show The Talk, saying, "I am who I am, and when topics come up that are appropriate, I'll talk about them and share when it seems right."
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway