Glo's Girl Crushes Of The Week: Emmy Edition
- Next1 of 13Glo
- Previous Next2 of 13Bryan Bedder/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 13RD/Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital
- Previous Next4 of 13Eric Charbonneau/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 13CAMERA PRESS/ Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 13Michael Buckner/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 13Jennifer Currell/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next8 of 13RD/Dziekan/Retna Digital
- Previous Next9 of 13Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next10 of 13John Spellman/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next11 of 13Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next12 of 13Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 13RD/Bishop/Retna Digital
- Glo's Girl Crushes Of The Week: Emmy EditionIncredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- In Defense of Keeping Your Inner Circle Small
- Fun Facts about Mardi Gras
- 5 Tips for Taking Better Family Photos
- 11 Ways to Celebrate Singles Awareness Day
- Random Acts of Kindness for Everyday
- The Science of Happily Ever After
- Over-the-top celebrity valentine's day gifts
- Selfie-Obsessed Tots?
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- How Creative Are You?
- Self-Help Books That Actually Help
- What His Favorite Books Says About Him
- 10 Times You Need to Get Over Your Jealousy
- Love Lessons From Famous Breakup Letters
- 8 Ways Wives Can Improve Their Marriages
- What His Valentine's Day Gift Really Means
- 20 Quotes to Inspire You This February
RELA_ intro card_GirlCrush_v01a1 of 13
Tina Fey2 of 13
The Emmys Love: Her portrayal of Liz Lemon in 30 Rock. Glo Loves: Tina's geek chic — she made wearing glasses sexy again, without having to play someone's secretary.
Lea Michele3 of 13
The Emmys Love: Her work in the hit show Glee, which nabbed 19 overall nominations. Glo Loves: We're smitten with Lea not just for her powerful pipes on the show, but for her admirable beauty and fashion choices, too. Thanks for showing those young starlets how it's done, girl.
Connie Britton4 of 13
The Emmys Love: Connie's portrayal of coach's wife Tami Taylor on Friday Night Lights. Glo Loves: Tami and Coach Taylor — hands down the best marriage on television right now. And, while we don't mean to be biased, we will seriously cry if this show doesn't win a winged statuette.
Dame Judi Dench5 of 13
The Emmys Love: Her work in PBS's Return to Cranford. Glo Loves: When we grow into our golden years, we hope we can have just one iota of the grace and beauty Dame Judi possesses.
Sofia Vergara6 of 13
The Emmys Love: Sofia's role as Gloria on Modern Family. Glo Loves: It's not often that a beautiful woman gets to play a quirky character on TV, as Sofia does. Not only that, but she is quite outspoken in real life, as with her recent comment that plastic surgery makes women look like "freaks."
Kristen Wiig7 of 13
The Emmys Love: Her character work on Saturday Night Live. Glo Loves: The fact that we can barely watch Kristen's portals of Target Lady, Suze Orman, Penelope the One-Upper, et al without laughing so hard we can't breathe.
Elisabeth Moss8 of 13
The Emmys Love: Her portrayal of Mad Men's secretary-turned-copywriter Peggy Olson. Glo Loves: Elisabeth's perpetually fresh-faced look — her no-make-up make-up is both elegant and stunning.
Susan Sarandon9 of 13
The Emmys Love: Her supporting role in HBO's You Don't Know Jack, about controversial Dr. Jack Kevorkian. Glo Loves: While we're still crushed over this actress's split from long-time love Tim Robbins, we admire her for not shying away from the spotlight and for keeping active in her career.
Sissy Spacek10 of 13
The Emmys Love: Her guest-starring chops on Big Love this past season. Glo Loves: How, after all these years, we can't help but recall Sissy's 1976 film Carrie every time we see her. You know an actress is top-notch if her past roles still give you the heebie-jeebies.
Heidi Klum11 of 13
The Emmys Love: Heidi's hosting on Project Runway. Glo Loves: A supermodel who you'd want to be legit best friends with? That's hard to find. And, not gonna lie, we sort of love mimicking Heidi's sexy German accent (which surely doesn't sound sexy when coming from our mouths) by throwing her catch-phrases — "One day you're in, and the next day, you're out" — into regular conversation.
Joan Bergin12 of 13
The Emmys Love: This costume designer's work on The Tudors. Glo Loves: Award-show hype usually centers on household name nominees, rarely mentioning the behind-the-scenes women who have been successful in the business for decades. Joan has been a costume designer since 1989 (she did the film My Left Foot), and, if she wins on Sunday, it will be her third Emmy.
Lesli Linka Glatter13 of 13
The Emmys Love: Lesli's directing for Mad Men. Glo Loves: Successful female directors are a rarity in showbiz — Lesli is the only woman nominated for "outstanding directing in a drama series." So, we can't help but crush on (and root for!) her for representing our gender in this category.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds