Glo's (Vegetarian) Girl Crushes of the Week
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10NOS/bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next3 of 10Bettmann/CORBIS
- Previous Next4 of 10Brian To/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 10Bettmann/CORBIS
- Previous Next6 of 10Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/ Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next7 of 10Bettmann/CORBIS
- Previous Next8 of 10Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 10AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next10 of 10Bettmann/CORBIS
- Glo's (Vegetarian) Girl Crushes of the WeekHow to Overcome a Creative Block
- 9 Lies You Should Tell Yourself
- 10 Things Guys Really Do After a Breakup
- 10 Surprising Ways to Test Your Compatibility
- Surprising Ways to Spice Up Your Marriage
- 12 Things Men Never Notice About Women
- 8 Books to Read Before Seeing the Movie
- 11 Amazing Images & Moments From 1954
- Nighttime Rituals That Will Improve Your Day
- 8 Morning Rituals to Improve Your Entire Day
- How to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- How Birth Order Affects Your Relationships
- What to Shop, Watch & Read in April
- 20 "Good" Mistakes You Made in Your 20s
- April Fools' Pranks to Play On Your Partner
- Unorthodox Parenting Techniques That Work
- Married and not over your ex? How to deal
- 10 Traits That Cheating Guys Have in Common
RELA_intro card_GirlCrush_v03b1 of 10
Alanis Morissette2 of 10
By Natasha Burton
You oughta know that this singer un-ironically tweeted out a photo of the cookbook 500 Vegan Recipes: An Amazing Variety of Delicious Recipes, from Chilis and Casseroles to Crumbles, Crisps, and Cookies earlier this year, citing it as a life-changing tome.
Rosa Parks3 of 10
She may be best known for refusing to give up her seat on a bus and inadvertently kicking off a little something called the Civil Rights Movement, but Rosa Parks was also a vegetarian. According to Cincinnati.com, her favorite veggies included broccoli, sweet potatoes and string beans.
Alicia Silverstone4 of 10
This longtime vegetarian is anything but clueless when it comes to protecting animals. She got some major attention for stripping down to her birthday suit for a PETA ad campaign.
Emily Dickinson5 of 10
In between penning her over 1,800 poems, this famous writer kept the creative juices flowing by following a vegetarian lifestyle. She once wrote that “fame is a fickle food upon a shifting plate,” so we hope that her meat-free meals were more satisfying than her notoriety.
Yoko Ono6 of 10
She may have been blamed for breaking up the Beatles, but last year John Lennon’s love paired up with fellow vegetarian Paul McCartney in an effort to launch “meat-free Mondays” in Great Britain, a campaign that advocated for people to go veggie just one day a week. Imagine all the cows living life in peace ….
Carmen Miranda7 of 10
This alleged vegetarian loved non-meat foods so much she even wore fruit on her head. We’d like to think that we could shake our hips just like the “Brazilian Bombshell” — as she was known — after chowing down on a banana or two.
Amber Valletta8 of 10
It’s widely believed that fashion models don’t eat, but this one just doesn’t eat meat. She’s also a spokesperson for the Oceana Seafood Contamination Campaign, which aims to raise awareness of the dangers of mercury poisoning in seafood, showing she’s a friend to both animals and humans.
Ellen DeGeneres9 of 10
This meat-free (and totally vegan) talk show host and comedian recently bestowed a kale bikini upon Lady Gaga after the latter donned quite the beefy dress for the VMAs. Ellen is so committed to animal-free eating that she offers tips on how to live the vegan lifestyle on her website.
Doris Day10 of 10
This actress’s vegetarian lifestyle wasn’t just fodder for pillow talk; she was also an avid animal rights activist. Her legacy of keeping our furry friends safe lives on with The Doris Day Animal League, a nonprofit that works to improve the humane treatment of animals.
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
- 10 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Lorde's Makeup Collaboration
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- Designers Reveal Their Guilty Decor Pleasures
- 10 Ways To Refresh Your White Button-Down
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds