Go For It
How To Take A Leap Of Faith
Do A Test Run
There's a difference between taking a leap of faith and making an irresponsible decision. Ask yourself what you need to do before you move ahead, and plot each step out, even if that means the process will take months or even years. For example, if you're planning to leave your job and start up your own business, then make sure you save enough money, and build up the necessary skills and contacts before you quit. "Sometimes we want to make really big decisions right away," says Ritvo, "but planning and timing are often key. Many businesses fail because they don't have the necessary capital to sustain the business as they grow. Get your facts straight in advance."
You also may want to try out your big change before you commit. If you're considering moving to a different state, then spend a week or two there first to see if you'll really love it. "Sometimes things seem more glamorous from afar," says Ritvo.
More On MSN
- 16 Wedding Gowns For Under $500
- Incredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- Buy Lupita's Headband for $58
- Famous people who used to be cheerleaders
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- The 10 Germiest Spots You're Not Cleaning
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds