9 Blogs for Men You Should Be Reading
- Next1 of 10Courtesy of brotips.com
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Theron Humphrey, maddieonthings.com
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Adrian Kulp, dadoralive.com
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of David Gutowski, blog.largeheartedboy.com
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of getkempt.com
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of manmadediy.com
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Tommy Danger Kim, justcallher.com
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Derek Earl Baron, wanderingearl.com
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of deadspin.com
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of brotips.com
- 9 Blogs for Men You Should Be ReadingWinter Solstice Fun Facts
- 8 Winter Date Night Ideas
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- 10 Love Lessons Moms Should Teach Daughters
- How to Be More Outrospective
- 8 Things Never to Say at Thanksgiving Dinner
- Sagittarius: Guide to Life, Love & Style
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- Instant Fixes For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 9 Things to Watch, Read & Shop in December
- How to Get Your Kids to Stop Bickering
- Have an Adult Relationship With Your Parents
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- 21 Books That Make Great Gifts
- Home-for-the-Holidays Survival Guide
- Veterans' Day trivia
That's What He Said1 of 10
By Jen Betterley
Whether they're waxing poetic on being a man, talking about fatherhood or doling out style advice, these male-oriented blogs offer plenty of entertainment and insight—regardless of your gender. Here are nine of our top picks for guy sites that women can enjoy.
Maddie on Things2 of 10
Shot and written by photographer Theron Humphrey, Maddie on Things is a perfect pick for both shutterbugs and animal lovers. A popular photo journal detailing Humphrey and Maddie's trip across the U.S. for another remarkable photography project (This Wild Idea), this blog is exactly what it sounds like: It features gorgeous pictures of Maddie the ever-so-patient Coonhound peacefully posing in the most interesting of places.
Dad or Alive3 of 10
As a past TV exec, Adrian Kulp had no idea what the future would hold for him after his daughter Ava was born. Now, four years later, with a second child in tow, he's traded in his designer suits for a diaper bag and baby carrier, becoming the popular voice behind the blog Dad or Alive. Offering wit, wisdom and hilarious moments from his new full-time gig as a stay-at-home dad, Kulp is a favorite among parents for his brutally honest confessional style.
Largehearted Boy4 of 10
Covering the latest in music, indie reads, pop culture and comic books, Largehearted Boy deftly proves that the romance between music and literature is still as lively as ever. David Gutowski, the bright voice behind the blog, marries the two mediums well—featuring interviews with musicians and authors, book reviews intertwined with mix tape playlists from writers and free daily music downloads.
Kempt5 of 10
Stay up-to-date on men's fashion trends and style news of the season with the dapper gents of Kempt, an offshoot of UrbanDaddy. Featuring a range of interesting topics on all things fashionable for guys, this blog offers a mix of sharp wit and worthwhile advice. With regular posts on fashion icons, news, sales tips and more, Kempt provides plenty of inspirational fodder for style lovers of both sexes.
Man Made DIY6 of 10
This blog aims to appeal to the "postmodern male," but don't let that deter you. Man Made DIY covers a range of topics in the do-it-yourself realm, including making a gourment grilled cheese, tying a scarf and building a rustic piece of wall art (pictured).
Just Call Her7 of 10
Feeling burned after a string of disastrous first dates? Go from bitter to feeling better with the help of dating adviser Tommy Danger Kim of Just Call Her. Though Kim primarily writes for an audience of "awkward guys," there are plenty of universal truths and dating gems for singletons of both sexes offered on his blog.
Wandering Earl8 of 10
What began as a three-month Southeast Asia trip in 1999 has now turned into more than a decade's worth of adventures in 87 countries for Derek Earl Baron of Wandering Earl. A self-proclaimed "permanent nomad," Baron cares less about showing off his passport stamps, and more about sharing inspirational stories and invaluable travel tips from the road, accompanied by impressive photography (like this pic, left, of Berat, Albania) and videos.
Deadspin9 of 10
Known for breaking some of the biggest sports news stories in recent years (think Manti Te'o), Deadpsin has become a one-stop site for all things athletic, and then some. A macho little brother to its sister website, Gawker, this blog offers a similar sarcastic and humorous tone in reporting major sports news, anecdotes, videos and gossip. For the Not-So-Sporty Spices out there, you're sure to appreciate the daily lifestyle stories like The Great American Food Menu infographic.
Brotips10 of 10
This blog has an endless supply of pithy codes of conduct for becoming the ultimate bro. Since going live in 2011, Brotips has garnered a wide audience of both cool guys and gals with its snarky snippets of life advice. Providing a backlog of over 3,000 "tips," this clever (and at times NSFW) blog is great for those who crave witty, wry humor and a quick distraction.
- 10 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 resolutions that are doomed to fail
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit for $1,850
- Find The Perfect Holiday Beauty Gift For Mom
- 10 Crazy Christmas Houses
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway