How I Make My Marriage Work
Six Women Share Unexpected Secrets To Wedded Bliss
"We live in separate cities."
Due to the tough economy, Gabby Jenkins*, 39, is unable to leave her job in Los Angeles to be with her husband, Todd, 45, who's finishing school in San Diego—but that suits her just fine. "We married later in life, and I had already lived on my own for many years," she says. "Moving in with someone would be a hard adjustment for me." The two commute to see each other on weekends, like they did when they were courting. Although she misses him during the week, Jenkins sees a silver lining: "I secretly love living apart," she says. "I never have to tell him to pick up his socks, watch history or sci-fi TV shows on a continuous loop, or listen to his weird folk music."
More On MSN
- 11 Eco-Friendly Brands To Shop Right Now
- 10 Things Guys Really Do After a Breakup
- SNL alum lands huge Garnier campaign
- Decorate A Rental Without Losing Your Deposit
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds