Beat the 9-to-5 Blues
Tips to help you rekindle the passion—between you and your job
Know When to Jump Ship
In this economy, a regular paycheck is a wonderful thing. But you should never resign yourself to being miserable either. If you've tried all the tips above to no avail, it's time to think about your exit strategy. Give yourself a deadline—for example, "I want a new job within a year"—and begin working toward that goal with a specific task each week. For example, update your LinkedIn profile one week, send three networking e-mails the next. Feeling in control of your destiny beats feeling helpless at work any day.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 7 Easy Ways To Look Hotter This Summer
More On MSN
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway