How to Flirt with an Older Woman
- Next1 of 9Eugene Gologursky/WireImage
- Previous Next2 of 9Jane Seymour, RD/Kirkland/Retna Digital
- Previous Next3 of 9Kim Cattrall, Chris Joseph/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next4 of 9Vanessa Williams, Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next5 of 9Helen Mirren, CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 9Sigourney Weaver, RD/Kirkland/Retna Digital
- Previous Next7 of 9Cher, CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next8 of 9Rene Russo, Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next9 of 9Sophia Loren, CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- How to Flirt with an Older WomanIncredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- In Defense of Keeping Your Inner Circle Small
- Fun Facts about Mardi Gras
- 5 Tips for Taking Better Family Photos
- 11 Ways to Celebrate Singles Awareness Day
- Random Acts of Kindness for Everyday
- The Science of Happily Ever After
- Over-the-top celebrity valentine's day gifts
- Selfie-Obsessed Tots?
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- How Creative Are You?
- Self-Help Books That Actually Help
- What His Favorite Books Says About Him
- 10 Times You Need to Get Over Your Jealousy
- Love Lessons From Famous Breakup Letters
- 8 Ways Wives Can Improve Their Marriages
- What His Valentine's Day Gift Really Means
- 20 Quotes to Inspire You This February
Sexy Mama1 of 9
Actress Shirley MacLaine is making headlines today for her racy admissions to Oprah about how many men she’s bedded in one day. We think the 76-year-old is as fabulous as she is outspoken and, like other older women, she has more self-knowledge, wisdom and maturity than your average young lass. Here are some ways you can impress a mature lady yourself.
Use Your Eyes2 of 9
Meeting eyes with someone is essential for any successful flirtation, but especially so for the younger male coquette. Your lady wants to know you can hold your own around her. It's okay to be intimidated — look into her eyes anyway. You may be surprised by what you see.
Watch The Age Jokes3 of 9
One joke is fine, but dwelling on it makes you seem insecure and immature. It's fine to acknowledge the age difference — especially if you're self-conscious about it — but do it directly. If she likes you, she won't mind your youth.
ON YOURTANGO: The 4 Sexual Stages Of A Woman's Life
Know She Had a Life Before You4 of 9
Don't be surprised if she has kids, is divorced, owns a house or has other markers of adulthood. Yes, she's lived quite a bit longer than you, and she has something to show for it. It's fine to ask about these things, but take cues from her about whether or not she wants to talk about them.
Compliment Her Sincerely5 of 9
Older women don't have the youthful advantages of taut skin and a tight body, and most are well aware. Stay away from compliments that invite comparison to younger women; remark instead on something unique about her that you genuinely find compelling. And never say, "You look great for your age!"
Listen To Her6 of 9
Let her talk. Ask questions. If you're telling a story, ask her what she thinks at the end. Paying attention to her and seeking her opinion are signs of respect, and will show that you're a serious person who is interested in who she is. She wants to know you have a bit of substance behind that hot young bod.
Be Confident7 of 9
It's easier than it sounds: If she's flirting back, there's a good chance that she likes you, too. The thing that can be most intimidating about an older woman — the fact that she knows what she wants — can also be your best confidence booster. After all, if she didn't want to talk to you, she wouldn't have kept up the conversation in the first place.
Be Respectful8 of 9
Not just to her, but to everyone around you. She's noticing. Don't use a lot of slang or swear words. Don't get overly excited or rowdy. Don't get too drunk. Don't come on too strong. Ask yourself: Am I being considerate and appreciative?
ON YOURTANGO: How To Flirt With Someone You Just Met
Be Honest9 of 9
Don't lie in order to impress her. She'll either see right through you, or you'll get yourself into a tangle and may end up looking like a fool. She's not expecting you to be able to match her in every way.
ON YOURTANGO: Learn How To Flirt Like a Pro
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds