How to Say You're Sorry
Get the perfect apology for every situation
You Missed a Deadline
The Scenario: You were working on a time-sensitive project and you didn't get your research done in time. The next day at a meeting, your team was unprepared for a presentation and ended up losing the bid for a new client.
The Mea Culpa: "If you try to give a lot of excuses, your boss and coworkers will get even angrier," says relationship expert and therapist Jane Greer. "Bite the bullet, admit you messed up and assure the team that it won't happen again. Then, for the next few weeks, take extra initiative to prove your worth in the office."
More On MSN
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds