How to Say You're Sorry
Get the perfect apology for every situation
You Had a Low-Blow Moment
The Scenario: You're on the beach with your mother, and she thoughtlessly jokes that you finally got cellulite on the back of your legs, just like her. Infuriated, you lash out with, "At least I didn't end up with your flabby stomach." She starts to cry.
The Mea Culpa: "You have to own your hurtful words," says self-help writer Alexis Sclamberg. Explain to your mom that her criticisms of the way that you look are especially damaging, because what she says matters more than almost any other person in the world. To lighten the mood, suggest that she try out an exercise class with you so that you can both work on toning your legs.
More On MSN
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- The best news we've heard all week
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests