Signs Your Man Belongs On MTV's Jersey Shore
- Next1 of 12Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next2 of 12Larry Marano/FilmMagic
- Previous Next3 of 12Troy Rizzo/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 12Jerritt Clark/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 12Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 12George Pimentel/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 12Fred Montana/Splash News
- Previous Next8 of 12RD/Kabik/Retna Digital
- Previous Next9 of 12Larry Marano/FilmMagic
- Previous Next10 of 12Steven Lawton/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 12Jerritt Clark/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 12Greg McFalls/London Ent/Splash News
- Signs Your Man Belongs On MTV's Jersey ShoreSimplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 10 Things to Watch, Read & Shop in December
- 10 Love Lessons Moms Should Teach Daughters
- How to Be More Outrospective
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- Sagittarius: Guide to Life, Love & Style
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Veterans' Day trivia
- Our Favorite Men of Movember
- Best Relationship Advice From Country Music
- 8 Things Never to Say at Thanksgiving Dinner
- How to Get Your Kids to Stop Bickering
- Have an Adult Relationship With Your Parents
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- 21 Books That Make Great Gifts
- Home-for-the-Holidays Survival Guide
- 17 Things to See, Do and Celebrate This Month
- 8 Annoying Lies You Need to Stop Telling
- The Number One Reason You're Still Single
Does He G-T-L?1 of 12
Since the line between sweet meat-head and fervent-fist-pumper is often thin, our gal pals at The Little Black Blog of Big Red Flags gave us these warning signs to look out for. Bottom line: Any man who spends ninety minutes at the gym, forty-five tanning and thirty blowing his hair out — daily — will have little time for adoring you. —Glo
He's Gym-Obsessed2 of 12
Any guy who’s beyond vigilant about his strength training regimen, considers Creatine powder a meal and is fanatic about taking supplements — without being a professional athlete — has way too much testosterone (and chemicals) pumping through his veins for us.
He's Hair-Obsessed3 of 12
Combine copious amounts of hair gel with a high-powered blow-dryer, and a man rife with misplaced ambition, and you can bet you'll be late for your dinner reservation while he's perfecting every product-covered spike of hair. Though, we do give Jersey Shore's Pauly D props for having a sense of humor about his signature locks. (This video shows how he gets his look.)
He Thinks Shirts Are Overrated4 of 12
We appreciate a killer bod, but we're not sure a man should bare all 24/7. And you won’t find it sexy when your guy makes his pecs dance for the fiftieth time at your eight-year-old cousin’s birthday party.
When He Does Wear A Shirt, It's BeDazzled5 of 12
While we're all for accessorizing, rhinestones aren't exactly what we have in mind for our man-of-choice's accoutrements. And, not gonna lie, an Ed Hardy-filled wardrobe totally reeks of Jon Gosselin.
He's A Maniac, Maniac On The Floor6 of 12
What’s the harm of drawing a crowd with some dance moves? Um, when said crowd has gathered out of morbid fascination with your man's “beating of the beat.” This behavior is occasionally funny when in jest, but frightening when in earnest. You don’t want to be there when your guy’s dancing like he’s never danced before.
He Thinks He's God's Gift To Women7 of 12
He spits lines at any girl he sees and constantly informs you which ones he could be getting with … you know, if you weren’t lucky enough to snag him first. We say, best to throw this fish back in the sea.
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Dating Red Flag Hall Of Fame
He Fist-Pumps8 of 12
There’s nothing wrong with a guy who’s enthusiastic, or, well, “pumped.” But if he habitually punctuates his sentences with fist pumps, you may not want to play second fiddle to his over-the-top hand gestures. (We do have to admit that the fist pump can show off those well-toned biceps quite nicely.)
He Fist-Fights9 of 12
There's nothing wrong with being tough, and — believe us — we want a man who can stand up for his lady, his family and himself. But if he throws bows for no reason, or eggs other guys on just so he can show that he's macho, he may need to get his anger in check.
He's Orange ... Literally10 of 12
A deep tan in January is not normal, and neither is the guy who insists on having one. If his life goal is to own a personal tanning bed, you may want to sneak out of his actual bed — this guy could be one short step away from calf implants. (Shudder …)
He Names His Abs11 of 12
This is just ridiculous. (Though, we did have fun making up our own Jersey Shore-inspired nicknames on this website.) While there’s absolutely nothing wrong with dating a guy with manly muscles and a flawless tan, don't let his “situation” distract you from the situation.
He Loves Himself A Little Too Much12 of 12
Self-confidence is definitely an attractive trait for a guy to have. Self-obsession is not. If his need to fit the part of stereotypical Jersey boy overrides your need for affection and attention, he may not have enough room in his life to love anyone other than himself.