16 things to do, see and celebrate this month
- Next1 of 17Glo
- Previous Next2 of 17MUSTAFA OZER/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 17ALBERTO PIZZOLI/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 17Courtesy of publisher
- Previous Next5 of 17Ernst Haas/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 17HBO/Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 17Jeff Gentner/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 17A24/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 17Shannon Fagan/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 17MECKY/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 17HBO/Photofest
- Previous Next12 of 17Theo Wargo/WireImage for Turner
- Previous Next13 of 17Diane Labombarbe/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 17Ryan McVay/Getty Images
- Previous Next15 of 17SSPL/Science Museum/Getty Images
- Previous Next16 of 17Courtesy of Target
- Previous Next17 of 17Christopher Polk/Getty Images For BET
- 16 things to do, see and celebrate this monthIncredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- In Defense of Keeping Your Inner Circle Small
- Fun Facts about Mardi Gras
- 5 Tips for Taking Better Family Photos
- 11 Ways to Celebrate Singles Awareness Day
- Random Acts of Kindness for Everyday
- The Science of Happily Ever After
- Over-the-top celebrity valentine's day gifts
- Selfie-Obsessed Tots?
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- How Creative Are You?
- Self-Help Books That Actually Help
- What His Favorite Books Says About Him
- 10 Times You Need to Get Over Your Jealousy
- Love Lessons From Famous Breakup Letters
- 8 Ways Wives Can Improve Their Marriages
- What His Valentine's Day Gift Really Means
- 20 Quotes to Inspire You This February
Save the Date1 of 17
By Brienne Walsh
One novel's long-awaited sequel arrives, an American institution turns 80, the hottest (perhaps literally) summer music festival begins and more. Glo has your complete guide to everything worth knowing about for the month of June.
Pride Month2 of 17
It's official. President Obama has proclaimed June 2013 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. Show your support for the LGBT community by participating in one of the many events around the country, culminating with parades on June 30 in cities including New York City, San Francisco, Chicago and Minneapolis .
Venice Biennale3 of 17
Every two years, the art world descends on Venice, where the city's historic buildings are turned into art galleries, featuring work by artists from 88 countries. The event lasts until November, giving gallerinas plenty of time to make their way to Italy.
"Revenge Wears Prada" Release4 of 17
So what ever happened to Andy Sachs after quitting her job at Runway magazine? Did she ever reconnect with Miranda? Stay in NYC? Move to Senegal and join the Peace Corps? All questions will be answered when Lauren Weisberger's sequel to the bestselling Devil Wears Prada arrives. Beach read, anyone?
Drive-In Movie Day5 of 17
On June 6, 1933, Richard Hollingshead opened the first drive-in movie theater in Camden, New Jersey. According to Drive-ins.com, there are 353 drive-in movie theaters left in the U.S. today. Search here for the one closest to you.
"Game of Thrones" Finale6 of 17
The bad news? One of our favorite shows is ending. The good news? The season finale will no doubt give devoted fans (present company included) plenty to blog, Tweet and Facebook about.
Bonnaroo Begins7 of 17
Held on a 700-acre farm in Tennessee, the Bonnaroo Music Festival is back for the eleventh time. If you can brave the camping and the crowds (and the heat), check out the event that Rolling Stone named as one of the "50 Moments That Changed Rock & Roll." Headlining this year is Paul McCartney, Tom Petty and Mumford & Sons.
"The Bling Ring" Opens8 of 17
Directed by Sofia Coppola and starring Emma Watson, this new release tells the story of the "Hollywood Hills Burglar Bunch," a group of teens who robbed the homes of celebs like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. While the film may have tabloid origins, we're counting on Coppola to put her moody, artistic spin on the narrative.
Fly a Kite Day9 of 17
Channel your inner Mary Poppins, and take the opportunity to spend some time outdoors on this national holiday.
Father's Day10 of 17
Don't wait until the last minute to buy Pops a gift this year—he already has plenty of ties and coffee mugs. Use this reminder to plan ahead and do something extra special for dear ol' dad.
"True Blood" Premiere11 of 17
Fill the void left by G.O.T. with the sixth (and possibly final) season of this supernatural series. The premiere kicks off with the battle between vampires and humans, as chaos reigns in Bon Temps.
Yeezus Release12 of 17
After a three-year hiatus, Kanye West is back with his sixth studio album. If preview performances of the songs are any indication—a video projections of the track "New Slave" was shut down in Houston—then it's sure to cause plenty of controversy.
Summer Solstice13 of 17
Happy first day of summer—at least if you're in the Northern Hemisphere. Otherwise, happy first day of winter. The new season officially begins on June 21 at 1:04am EST, according to The Farmer's Almanac.
Take Your Dog to Work Day14 of 17
Don't forget to (politely) remind your employers of this special occasion. If they hedge, just let them know that science is on your side: Research shows that having dogs at work helps reduce stress and increases job satisfaction—for both pet owners and their coworkers.
Anniversary of the Bicycle15 of 17
On this day in 1819, W.K. Clarkson Jr. patented the velocipede. Mark the monumental date by taking your own two-wheeler out for a spin.
FEED USA Collection Launches16 of 17
With the goal of providing 10 million meals to Americans in need, Target has collaborated with Lauren Bush to design a line of FEED USA products that includes home decor, clothes and accessories. Added bonus? Prices start at a wallet-friendly $3.
BET Awards17 of 17
First established in 2001 to support African Americans and other minorities in the music community, this year's show will be hosted by Chris Tucker, and feature performances by Toni Braxton, R. Kelly and Chris Brown.
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds