Meet the New "Power" Couples
- Next1 of 10Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next2 of 10Bill Klein & Jen Arnold: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next3 of 10Ryan & Trista Sutter: Paul Morigi/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 10Ice T & Coco: Ice/Coco: London Entertainment/Splash News
- Previous Next5 of 10Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next6 of 10Donald & Melania Trump: Dipasupil/FilmMagic
- Previous Next7 of 10Annette Bening & Warren Beatty: Dan MacMedan/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 10Carla Bruni & Nicolas Sarkozy: Win McNamee/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 10Jay-Z & Beyoncé: Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 10Bill & Hillary Clinton: Bennett Raglin/WireImage
- Meet the New "Power" CouplesWinter Solstice Fun Facts
- 8 Winter Date Night Ideas
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- 10 Love Lessons Moms Should Teach Daughters
- How to Be More Outrospective
- 8 Things Never to Say at Thanksgiving Dinner
- Sagittarius: Guide to Life, Love & Style
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- Instant Fixes For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 9 Things to Watch, Read & Shop in December
- How to Get Your Kids to Stop Bickering
- Have an Adult Relationship With Your Parents
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- 21 Books That Make Great Gifts
- Home-for-the-Holidays Survival Guide
- Veterans' Day trivia
Super Duos1 of 10
By Natasha Burton
It’s hard out there for a high-profile couple: With news of a new Hollywood split breaking nearly every week, we decided to highlight some of the stars who’ve joined forces and continue to make their marriages work. Their relationships may not be perfect (whose is?), but all these pairs have some invincible skill or strength that keeps them together.
Reality TV Immunity2 of 10
Unlike other reality TV couples (ahem, Kate and Jon Gosselin) this dynamic duo from The Little Couple seems stronger than ever. In four seasons of their show, Bill Klein and Jen Arnold have navigated stressful milestones—moving to a new city, buying a house and meeting with fertility docs—while ultimately growing closer.
JOIN US: Follow Glo on Facebook
Post-Show Modesty3 of 10
Talk about beating reality TV odds: After numerous seasons of the The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, Trista and Ryan Sutter remain the only—yes, only—pair to get engaged on the show, get married and stay married. But instead of trying to extend their celebrity, the couple now lives in Colorado with their two children.
Passionate Devotion4 of 10
Married for over a decade, this pair joined the reality TV couple club last year with the show Ice Loves Coco. Don’t let his rough-around-the-edges past fool you: Ice-T wrote in his memoir that "Monogamy is the bomb," and this couple’s clear onscreen adoration of each other—including his and Nicole Austin’s respective quirks—certainly emphasizes his belief.
Bad Press Resistance5 of 10
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson may be one of the most famous Hollywood couples, but you don’t see their faces on tabloid covers. Somehow, this high-profile pair has managed to escape the hoopla of Tinsel Town without loosing their dazzle-factor.
Hair Tolerance6 of 10
Donald and Melania Trump are separated by some years (just over two decades, actually). But while it’s easy to write their relationship off with a "sugar daddy" reference, we think it takes a strong woman—and a whole lot of love—to wake up every morning to The Donald’s 'do.
Monogamy Metamorphosis7 of 10
Annette Bening and Warren Beatty’s nearly 20-year marriage seems to prove that a notorious lothario can be reformed into a one-woman man, especially given his statement to Vanity Fair in 1991: "For me, the highest level of sexual excitement is in a monogamous relationship." As for Bening, her husband’s past is a non-issue. "Whatever got him to where he is now is fine with me," she told Good Housekeeping in 2000.
Scandal Apathy8 of 10
Facing rumors about infidelity, and a clear distaste for their seemingly lavish lifestyles, France’s president and first lady have shown their solidarity. When nude photos of Carla Bruni, a former model, surfaced—doing nothing to assuage the couple’s racy image—Nicolas Sarkozy nonchalantly responded, according to France’s Le Post, that "she is a beautiful woman."
Musical Multitasking9 of 10
Balancing a successful career with various charitable projects and endorsements, not to mention a clothing line, is daunting enough. But Beyoncé and Jay-Z both seem to do it all and more, while also nurturing their nearly 10-year relationship (and their newborn baby girl!).
Infidelity Transcendence10 of 10
These two have been through quite a lot together. Think what you will about the actual functionality of Bill and Hillary Clinton’s marriage: This pair has, at the very least, been able to function—and even flourish—despite what’s happened in the past. The former president’s wife is enjoying her own political success as secretary of state, while her husband focuses on philanthropy.