Most bizarre online dating sites
- Next1 of 11Brent Disney/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 11darkmatterphotography/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 11Heidi Coppock-Beard/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 11Thinkstock Images
- Previous Next6 of 11DTP/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11Geir Pettersen/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of NBC Sports
- Previous Next9 of 11Oliver Rossi/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Echo/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Patti McConville/Getty Images
- Most bizarre online dating sitesSimplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 10 Things to Watch, Read & Shop in December
- 10 Love Lessons Moms Should Teach Daughters
- How to Be More Outrospective
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- Sagittarius: Guide to Life, Love & Style
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Veterans' Day trivia
- Our Favorite Men of Movember
- Best Relationship Advice From Country Music
- 8 Things Never to Say at Thanksgiving Dinner
- How to Get Your Kids to Stop Bickering
- Have an Adult Relationship With Your Parents
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- 21 Books That Make Great Gifts
- Home-for-the-Holidays Survival Guide
- 17 Things to See, Do and Celebrate This Month
- 8 Annoying Lies You Need to Stop Telling
- The Number One Reason You're Still Single
Lookin' for Love1 of 11
By Julie Fishman
Discover ten innovative and unusual dating sites that may help you narrow your search for the perfect mate.
Gothic Match2 of 11
This site is filled with gothy EMO types who'll take you to see The Cure and read you Victorian poetry. While you'll see plenty of eyeliner, lip rings and tattoos on Gothic Match, most members are ordinary people simply looking to connect with someone who appreciates the darker side of life.
Trek Passions3 of 11
Embrace your inner nerd on this dating site for not just Star Trek and Star Wars lovers but all sci-fi fans. Find a fella who shares your Battlestar Galactica zeal, speaks Elvish and wants to attend Comic-Con in matching Spock ears. With a 25:1 male to female user ratio, Trek Passions offers you the pick of the geek litter. Who needs a bad boy when you can have a fanboy?
Alikewise4 of 11
Date by the book at this spot that pairs partners based on reading preferences. While Alikewise is perfect for serious bookworms looking for a lad who'll debate the last line of Lolita, more casual readers can connect with guys who share their more general interests like cooking or travel. Browsing a man's virtual bookshelf—complete with notes on each entry—can reveal a lot about his intelligence, humor and taste, three factors that could help you write your own happy ending.
Blue State & Red State5 of 11
While discussing politics is taboo on a first date, where you stand is bound to influence your relationship down the road. These two dating sites, Blue State for Democrats and Red State for Republicans, match singles based on a three-part assessment that covers economic matters, foreign policy and social issues. You won't be bridging the bipartisan gap, but you may find a lifetime running mate.
Must Love Pets6 of 11
If long walks with your Jack Russell or couch time with your cat are an important aspect of your daily life, you'll need a man who understands that your pet is part of the family. Visit Must Love Pets and get your paws dirty: You may just find a pal for Fido, too.
Same Plate7 of 11
Most dating sites ask about everything from relationship history and religious beliefs to body type and workout preferences. But Same Plate believes the way to the heart is through the stomach. Enter your favorite cuisines along with any dietary restrictions and the site will set you up with a local who shares your culinary lifestyle. Even if it's not a love connection, at least you'll get some decent pad thai.
Ivy Date8 of 11
Founded by two Harvard Business School grads, Ivy Date claims to offer up men who are leaders in fields like medicine, business and law. While you don't have to be an Ivy League alum to use the site, members are screened to make sure they're smart, interesting and driven.
Date My Single Kid9 of 11
If you believe that mother knows best, then let her do the matchmaking at Date My Single Kid, a site where parents create profiles and post pictures for their kids. Nervous about letting mom meddle? Consider this: She not only knows you well, but wants you to be happy and is your biggest advocate. Plus, she's going to stick her nose in your love life regardless so you may as well give her the best tools to work with.
Your Cause or Mine10 of 11
Build houses while laying the foundation for your relationship or restore fisheries to spark an animal attraction at Your Cause or Mine, a free dating site that matches members based on philanthropic interests. Rallying around a common cause creates a low-pressure environment with far fewer of those anxiety-inducing awkward silences frequently found on first dates.
Meet-An-Inmate11 of 11
Women who really like bad boys can start a "pen pal" relationship with this unusual online service. While we don't advocate dating a convicted felon—or any criminal for that matter—we had to share Meet-An-Inmate to prove that there's a dating website out there for absolutely everyone, including jailbirds and the girls who want to love them from beyond the bars.
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway