Mum's the Word
10 Things You Should Never Say to a Pregnant Woman
9. "My heartburn was so much worse than your heartburn."
Sometimes, pregnant women just want to tell you how horrible they feel—without you launching into how you felt worse during your own pregnancy. It's not a contest.
10. "You seem really hormonal right now."
A pregnant woman is hormonal—that's how they make the babies! But being reminded of the hormonal rages is just offensive. And I'm not making generalizations (yes, I am), but husbands are often the biggest offenders in this category.
That may seem like a lot to remember, so here are a few things you can say: "Congratulations!" "What great news!" "I'm so happy for you!" Or just say what every pregnant woman really wants to hear: "You look fantastic!" Little white lies never hurt anyone.
More On MSN
- Adult games everyone will want to play
- Shop the season’s comfortable new heel height
- The best news we've heard all week
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- The best pedi-and-sandal combos ever
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds
- Dare to wear: spring's cutting-edge vests