My Bridesmaid Weekend Scrapbook
- Next1 of 17Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 17Courtesy of Kate's Paperie
- Previous Next3 of 17Thinkstock
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 17Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 17Kevin Cremens for ELLE
- Previous Next6 of 17Courtesy of ELLE
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 17Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 17Courtesy of Kate Spade
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 17Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 17Courtesy of Clark's Botanicals
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 17Courtesy of Johnson and Johnson
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 17Courtesy of Footzy-Rolls
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 17Courtesy of Estée Lauder
- Previous Next14 of 17Supplied by FilmStills.net/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next15 of 17Thinkstock
- Previous Next16 of 17Photodisic/Thinkstock
- Previous Next17 of 17Glo
- My Bridesmaid Weekend ScrapbookBeauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- 10 Gorgeous Gifts That Give Back to Charity
- 7 Easy Ways To Fix A Bad Hair Day At Work
- Best Celeb Locks of the Moment
- 10 Things Waxers Won't Tell You
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- Copy 6 Hunger Games: Catching Fire Looks
- Beauty Products That Work While You Sleep
- 10 Ways To Look Good In Every Photo
- 7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- What Dermatologists Don't Want You To Know
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- 10 Get-Gorgeous Tips Every Woman Should Know
- 11 Best Holiday Beauty Bargains
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Get Ready Faster
- Keep your glow well into winter with 5 switches
- 8 Celebs Who Look Radiant in The Winter
RELA_intro card_Scrapbook_Natasha_v011 of 17
Jot It Down2 of 17
I'm obsessed with making to-do lists, and a little notebook will help me keep track of some of the just-in-case items Julie will need for her big day: foot primer so she doesn't get blisters from her (gorgeous!) wedding shoes, bandaids, blotting papers to stave-off shine, chapstick, etc.
SHOP NOW: Assorted Notebooks, prices vary
Pre-Weekend De-Stresser3 of 17
Wedding planning can be nerve-wracking but some downward-facing-dog may help tame the crazies. I'll go with Julie to a yoga class or two — not only will it allow her to de-stress, but it will also help me squeeze into that bridesmaid dress I was fitted for months ago.
LEARN MORE: Yogaworks Yoga
Pack It Up4 of 17
I'll need a weekend bag for all of my essentials when I head out Friday night for the rehearsal dinner. This one is not only pretty and feminine, but it will fit all of my stuff, as well as any last-minute items I need to pick up for the bride.
SHOP NOW: Topshop Duffel, $90
Relax Fast5 of 17
A little bubbly always helps me relax — both the alcoholic and beauty variety — so I plan to bring some bubble bath with me so Julie can soak in the tub in preparation for the weekend to come. (Hey, and maybe I'll pack a little champagne too!)
SHOP NOW: Philosophy High-Foaming Shower and Bath Gel, $9
No-Fuss Hair6 of 17
Julie wants the bridesmaids to have naturally styled blow-outs. My thick hair takes forever to dry — and I need to flatiron it smooth. I tried a Keratin Complex treatment and now I have an oh-so-straight mane after just minutes of blow-drying. It will last about six months, making those couple hours in the salon so worth it, thanks to my hair guru Kevin Moshier!
LEARN MORE: Keratin Complex
No-Fuss Dress7 of 17
As with my hair, I don't want to have to spend a lot of time getting myself ready in general — that way I can focus on making sure the bride is taken care of. This dress is a perfect style for the rehearsal dinner because I can just slip it right on. (And it doesn't hurt that it's also super cute!)
SHOP NOW: Rare Pleated Dress, $78
Little Gems8 of 17
These earrings are both chic and understated. Our Fashion Editor, Lilah, says they can even be worn to the office, so I think they would definitely work for dressing up my rehearsal dinner outfit without being flashy.
SHOP NOW: Kate Spade Earrings, $95
Cute Clutch9 of 17
I'll need a small purse that can fit those aforementioned emergency items, as well as my own lipgloss and powder for touch-ups. Since both my bridesmaid dress and my rehearsal dinner dress are black, this clutch can pull double-duty by matching both. And, it also gives me a perfect pop of color.
SHOP NOW: Sandra Roberts Clutch, $98
Day-Of Tools10 of 17
With my outfits taken care of, I can focus on the products I'll keep on hand to keep Julie, the rest of the bridesmaids and me looking fresh and photo-ready. Our Beauty Editor, Abby, put together a whole slideshow of quick-fix products that can help us attend to any last-minute beauty blunder. I'm for sure going to refer to it in case of emergency.
Keep It Smooth11 of 17
I'll keep flyaways at bay with some baby oil gel (a trick of the trade I've picked up since working at Glo). By stashing a mini bottle of this product in my clutch, I can tame those frizzies.
SHOP NOW: Johnson and Johnson Baby Oil Gel, $3.29.
Under Foot12 of 17
After the ceremony, the photos, the cocktail hour and the dinner, it will be time to get out on the dance floor. Our feet, however, may disagree with that plan. I'm going to suggest cute alternative shoes to Julie and the other bridesmaids so we can cut a rug all night long.
SHOP NOW: FootzyRolls Flats, from $25
No Baggage13 of 17
Now that I'm prepped for the weekend's festivities, I'll focus on the night before the big day, which is perhaps one of the most important pre-wedding moments. First, beauty: Using a high-powered eye-cream will help keep everyone looking rested.
SHOP NOW: Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex, $50
Chick Flick14 of 17
Can't forget to have a little fun: What better way to spend Julie's last night of singledom than with a good ol' chick flick? I'd choose Pretty Woman for its timelessness, its sigh-out-loud romance and — most importantly — for Richard Gere's hotness.
Mug Shot15 of 17
And because Julie isn't the typical bride-to-be (she does write our Happy Hour column, after all!), I imagine we'll need a good brew to go along with our sappy movie the night before her wedding.
Easy Listening16 of 17
As a Relationships Editor, I spend my days reading about what it takes to make a good marriage. And, as Julie's friend, I know my bridesmaid duties don't end the moment she takes her vows. While I don't have all the answers, I will be on hand throughout her marriage, and our friendship, to lend an ear and give advice when she needs it.
Now, It's Your Turn!17 of 17
I turned my scrapbook into a planning list to include all my essentials for being a bridesmaid at Julie's wedding — what will you use yours for?
- 10 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 resolutions that are doomed to fail
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit for $1,850
- Find The Perfect Holiday Beauty Gift For Mom
- 10 Crazy Christmas Houses
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway