My Happy Hour Scrapbook
- Next1 of 14Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 14Courtesy of Tory Burch
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 14Courtesy of Klorane
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 14Courtesy of Maybelline
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 14Courtesy of Benefit
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 14Courtesy of Nars
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 14Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 14Courtesy of Aldo
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 14Courtesy of Coldwater Creek
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 14Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 14Courtesy of Olympus
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 14Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 14Courtesy of Amazon.com
- Previous Next14 of 14Glo
- My Happy Hour Scrapbook12 Best Beauty Products of the Past 19 Years
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 30-Something Models at Fashion Week
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 11 Rising Stars Who Are Future Beauty Icons
- How to Look Good on a Webcam
- 10 Pretty Ways To Wear The Season's Hot Shade
- 10 Slimming Hair Tricks To Ask Your Stylist For
- How to Apply Eye Shadow for Every Eye Shape
- How To Match Your Makeup To Your Outfit
- Dolce & Gabbana's Runway Beauty
- 13 Cheap & Fast Ways To Look Red Carpet Ready
- 11 Best New Acne-Fighting Products
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Colorful Finds
- How to Get Fashion Week's Prettiest Nails
- The Perfect Smoky Eyes for Red Lips
- 10 Breakthrough Beauty Ingredients To Try
- Romantic Hair Ideas That Take 10 Minutes Or Less
RELA_intro card_Scrapbook_v01a1 of 14
Post-Work Prep Kit2 of 14
First things first. If I'm going out in public after an eight-hour work day, I'm going to need to freshen up a bit. This make-up bag is perfect for carrying all the tools I'll need to get gussied up in the office bathroom before heading out to meet my friends.
SHOP NOW: Tory Burch Cosmetic Case, $65
Hair Help3 of 14
Now for the tools in my (attempt to) look-hot-for-happy-hour kit: As one of those people who is always touching her hair, mine can get a little, well, greasy by the end of the day. This dry shampoo will make my mane go from needing-a-good-wash to tousled-and-tossed in no time.
SHOP NOW: Klorane Dry Shampoo, $7.50
Toe Touch-Up4 of 14
Since it's summer, I'll likely throw on some sandals for going out (specifics on this coming up). But my pedicure gets chipped by my work shoes, so I need a quick-dry polish for touch-ups if I'm going to expose my toes.
SHOW NOW: Maybelline Express Finish Polish, $3.49
Lip Duo5 of 14
I actually own this double-duty lip gloss and it never fails to give my look a needed pick-me-up. Lip stain on one side (which can also be used as liquid blush) and shine on the other, this product is one of my all-time favorites.
SHOP NOW: Benefit Pocket Pal, $20
Eye Glam6 of 14
And what's a night out without some added zing in your eye make-up? I love this dual brown shadow because, as our Beauty Editor, Abby, tells me, it works well not only with a variety of skin tones, but also with almost any color I choose to wear outfit-wise. Plus, I'm a sucker for shimmer, which this shadow clearly has.
SHOP NOW: NARS Duo Eyeshadow, $32
Ideal Dress7 of 14
To go from day to night, I'll need a dress that I can wear to the office as well as out to the pub. This one would work well with a sweater and heels for a day at work, and could transition to an evening on a rooftop lounge or chic wine bar with just a few key accessories.
SHOP NOW: Cleo Belted Dress, $490
Fab Flats8 of 14
Ah, here are those aformentioned sandals. I prefer to stroll over to happy hour on foot, and these are perfect because they are casual (and comfortable!) enough to walk in. Also, since these sandals have a little shine to them, they'll add a little nighttime-y aura to my dress.
SHOP NOW: Madison Sandals, $45
Accent Piece9 of 14
Also helping me transition my dress into happy hour territory is some jewelry. I like this piece for an outdoor or more laid-back locale.
SHOP NOW: Coldwater Creek Necklaces, from $36
Zing Bling10 of 14
And these more sparkly earrings are perfect for a dressier venue.
SHOP NOW: Galene Crystal Earrings, $68
Memory Taker11 of 14
Because I am a huge nerd, I will probably bring a camera to happy hour. Yes, my friends may be embarrassed that I am taking pictures of them, in a crowded bar, as they sip their glasses of wine, but they'll thank me for capturing gleeful images of our youth later in life when we're too tired to go out at night.
SHOP NOW: Olympus Stylus Tough 3000, $185
So Clutch12 of 14
Before going out, I'll also want to transfer my essentials — ID, credit card, phone, camera, lipgloss — into a small purse like this one, so I don't have to carry my briefcase into the bar. (Awkward! And not so chic.)
SHOP NOW: Gleeful Clutch from Antropologie, $162
Prep Reading13 of 14
Sometimes I get stuck in a drink rut ... and by "sometimes" I mean I pour over the cocktail menu for 15 minutes and then just order the "house Cab, please" almost every time I go out. I'd like to study my options to help me break this routine. Plus, in this economy, it's good to host a happy hour at home from time to time — these recipes can assist me.
SHOP NOW: Spice & Ice by Kara Newman, $12
Now, It's Your Turn!14 of 14
I used my Glo Scrapbook to create a work-to-happy-hour game plan — what will you use yours for?