7 Reasons to Have Sex Right Now
- Next1 of 8Larry Williams/Corbis
- Previous Next2 of 8Istockphoto
- Previous Next3 of 8Istockphoto
- Previous Next4 of 8Istockphoto
- Previous Next5 of 8Istockphoto
- Previous Next6 of 8Istockphoto
- Previous Next7 of 8Istockphoto
- Previous Next8 of 8Istockphoto
- 7 Reasons to Have Sex Right NowThe 7 best things about being an aunt
- What would Khaleesi do?
- The next best thing to therapy
- Transgender Journey: My first year as a woman
- 11 Love Lessons From Gatsby and His Golden Girl
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- 7 tips to help you master the art of small talk
- Mother's Day Fun Facts
- How to become a grownup in 10 steps
- Save the Date: 13 things to do this month
- A Gemini's guide to life, love & style
- 9 unconventional date night ideas
- Guybrids: Amazing men we wish existed
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 11 things men wish you knew about them
- 10 compliments men hate getting
- The best parenting tweets of the month
- 8 secrets of happy moms
- Should you pull a Mila-and-Ashton?
Bed Time!1 of 8
By Natasha Burton
According to researchers David M. Buss, Ph.D. and Cindy M. Meston, Ph.D, one-third of women say they have little to no interest in sex. Don't fret if you happen to fall into this category — here are some great reasons to get busy.
The Skinny2 of 8
Newsweek reported that having sex burns approximately four calories a minute. Come on now, has there ever been a better excuse not to drag yourself to the gym?
Get a Boost3 of 8
Forget vitamins — a Wilkes University study found that having sex a couple times a week can raise our levels of immunoglobulin A, an antibody that researchers say boosts the immune system, up to 30 percent.
Looking Pretty4 of 8
Yes, sex makes you look good too. During sex, our bodies release DHEA, a hormone that Life Extension Magazine says keeps skin healthy and protects against aging. We're not throwing away our beauty routines, but we'll keep this fact in mind.
Heart Healthy5 of 8
English researchers reported in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health that having sex twice or more a week cuts the risk of fatal heart attack in half.
Happy-Go-Lucky6 of 8
Psychology professor Stuart Brody found in his research that people who have sex regularly are more likely to weather tense situations with ease. (Like a well-needed massage or piece of chocolate, a romp in the sack just makes us feel good.)
The Best Medicine7 of 8
Sex causes our bodies to release oxytocin, a hormone that researchers reported in the Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine can cut pain thresholds in half. In other words, this voids the "I have a headache" excuse.
That Lovin' Feeling8 of 8
The Family Journal reported that the oxytocin our bodies release during sex also "helps maintain feelings of contentment, reductions in anxiety, and feelings of calmness and security around a mate." This may just be the best reason of all.
- Is your home in or out? 9 ways it can be both
- The must-read guide to caring for curls
- Genius teen girl's invention wins Intel prize
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
- The 7 best things about being an aunt
- Top 10 beauty finds under $10
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Bedtime Finds