Could Your Kid Be Cheating in School?
8 sneaky signs that your child may be cutting corners to make the grade
2. Your child doesn't usually test well. One of the reasons children cheat is because they feel they're at an academic disadvantage compared to their peers. With so much emphasis on high-stakes tests, children on the lower end of the performance spectrum don't have as wide a variety of opportunities as they once did to show off what they know and can do. If you suspect the testing focus is holding back your child from showing her full potential and that she may be cheating to cover up weaknesses, Teddi Fishman, PhD, the Director of the International Center of Academic Integrity at Clemson University in Clemson, SC, says you must talk to her teacher. Discuss "how to develop additional checkpoints on which to evaluate her to make sure she has the opportunity to master material, not just cram for tests," she suggests.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 6 All-Natural Beauty Fixes
More On MSN
- How to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- Save Using These Shopping Codes
- Your Ultimate Guide to At-Home Self-Tanners
- 12 Festival Outfits Inspired By Celebrities
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds