Could Your Kid Be Cheating in School?
8 sneaky signs that your child may be cutting corners to make the grade
3. Your child fears failing you. You've probably made it clear that you value good grades. Not surprisingly, in Dr. Anderman's studies, one of the reasons kids give for cheating is that they don't want to disappoint their parents. In fact, perceived outside pressure to do well is the biggest predictor that a child will be academically dishonest. To avoid this, and to be fair to your child, examine your motivations for pushing so hard. Ask yourself: Who are you being ambitious for? Is it too much? And look for signs of anxiety in your child, like feeling sick, tired or not wanting to go to school on a regular basis.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 8 Secrets of Sexually Satisfied Couples
More On MSN
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway