Could Your Kid Be Cheating in School?
8 sneaky signs that your child may be cutting corners to make the grade
4. Your child's school is a pressure cooker. One of the biggest recent cheating scandals came out of Stuyvesant High School in New York City, one of the nation's most competitive. In an environment where being brilliant isn't enough to stand out, there's a built-in incentive to find a way to look better than the next super-smart guy. Dr. Anderman, who has studied cheating among students at top schools, says kids often rationalize their behavior by thinking "the ends, like getting into a good university, justify the means." It can be difficult to get your kid to push back against a culture that worships success to such a degree, but Dr. Fishman recommends "helping your child understand that school is about her personal growth, not a set of scores."
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Things Men Wish Women Knew About Sex
More On MSN
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds