The Female Mid-Life Crisis
What happens when a suburban mom falls into a lusty affair
Well, different times, different symptoms. Fifty is the new 40, and my husband was my wife. I didn't gain weight and I still had most of my youthful looks, but I started to torment myself pondering the numberless, awful ways that the aging woman becomes ridiculous and undignified, while the 50-plus man gains power and recognition and sex appeal. Viewing the life cycle from a different perspective now, I recognized that I'd been happiest in my midthirties and early forties, holding all the cards of beauty and fertility—and now I was folding. The further away that bright shore of youth gets, the more desperately one struggles to reach it. I saw this but couldn't stop myself; I'd fight the current until spent.
Continue reading at ELLE.com
More On MSN
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios