Surprising Spots That Turn Him On
- Next1 of 10Jupiterimages/Thinkstock
- Previous Next2 of 10Stockbyte/Thinkstock
- Previous Next3 of 10Stockbyte/Thinkstock
- Previous Next4 of 10Erik Snyder/Thinkstock
- Previous Next5 of 10Comstock/Thinkstock
- Previous Next6 of 10Goodshoot RF/Thinkstock
- Previous Next7 of 10Stockbyte/Thinkstock
- Previous Next8 of 10Jupiterimages/Thinkstock
- Previous Next9 of 10Digital Vision/Thinkstock
- Previous Next10 of 10Stockbyte/Thinkstock
- Surprising Spots That Turn Him OnIncredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- In Defense of Keeping Your Inner Circle Small
- Fun Facts about Mardi Gras
- 5 Tips for Taking Better Family Photos
- 11 Ways to Celebrate Singles Awareness Day
- Random Acts of Kindness for Everyday
- The Science of Happily Ever After
- Over-the-top celebrity valentine's day gifts
- Selfie-Obsessed Tots?
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- How Creative Are You?
- Self-Help Books That Actually Help
- What His Favorite Books Says About Him
- 10 Times You Need to Get Over Your Jealousy
- Love Lessons From Famous Breakup Letters
- 8 Ways Wives Can Improve Their Marriages
- What His Valentine's Day Gift Really Means
- 20 Quotes to Inspire You This February
His Secret Spots1 of 10
By Sarah Jio for Woman's Day
You know the usual places that turn your guy on, but when it comes to the most erogenous zones on his body, are you hitting the right places? We spoke to the experts to hear about the surprising male pleasure spots you might be missing.
Feet2 of 10
“Men love foot massages,” says Ian Kerner, Ph.D., a New York City sex expert and the author of She Comes First. Additionally, according to the ancient practice of reflexology, the heels of the feet are believed to be pressure points that can trigger sexual arousal. Want to up the ante? Kerner suggests brushing his feet against your mouth or breasts, which can really get him excited.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Reasons He Isn’t Sleeping with You
Ears3 of 10
“Many men love when their ears are touched,” says Amy Levine, a New York City-based sex coach and sexuality educator. “It’s often a forgotten area that can soothe or excite him.” Just place your thumb and index finger on the spot where his ear lobe connects to the tissue near his face, she says. “Then gently pull down and let your fingers slide off so you can start again.”
Back of Knees4 of 10
“The skin is smoother at the back of knee, and many men love to be kissed or caressed there,” says Kerner, who notes that areas like this, where there is less hair, are often more sensitive and exciting for men. Plus, he adds, even gentle touching can lead to fireworks. To amp up his anticipation, lightly touch the back of the knees with your fingertips in a circular motion, being sure to keep your touch firm.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: The Best Sex Positions for Every Situation
Lower Abs5 of 10
Start at his belly button and work your hands south, suggests Kerner. “The area of the abdomen between the navel and pelvis is a fun area to tantalize, and as blood flows to the pelvis and sexual tension gathers, it’s a good area to simulate,” he says.
Inner Thighs6 of 10
Levine says that light touching in this zone can get him in the mood—fast. “Slowly move your fingertips up and down his inner thighs,” she says. “Then tease him by following the outline of the crevice of his thigh, moving your index and middle finger up and down for a few strokes before pressing the palm of your hand on the top of his thigh to start again with your fingertips.”
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Surprising Facts About Orgasms
Mind7 of 10
Whisper something sexy in his ear, says Barbara Bartlik, M.D., a New York City-based sex therapist. The mind is a powerful erogenous zone for men, she says. “Very recent, innovative research suggests that a heightened state of arousal in the generalized central nervous system (the brain) facilitates sexual arousal.” When his mind begins to get excited, his body follows suit.
Eyelids8 of 10
When his eyes are closed, kissing or rubbing his eyelids gently can show him that you love him—and also drive him wild, says Kerner. When his eyes are closed, you’re in control, which is an experience a lot of men enjoy, he explains. “If a move or touch is in the context of a dominant woman, it can be a totally different —and pleasurable — experience for a man.”
Neck9 of 10
Using a feather, your fingers or any gentle object, touching his neck and collarbone area can increase his arousal, says Kerner, who advises mixing things up. “Think about stimulating two areas at once,” he says. For example, rubbing his neck lightly or nibbling on an earlobe while also running your hands southward. “Think creatively about combination.”
Forehead10 of 10
His forehead may not seem like a sexy spot, but try to “think of the male body as a totally erogenous landscape,” says Kerner. After all, the head and scalp are covered with nerve endings, and lightly massaging from his hairline to his forehead can trigger feel-good hormones like dopamine and serotonin that may just get him in the mood.