8 Things We'd Just Rather Not Know About Men
- Next1 of 9Justin Pumfrey/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 9luis lainez/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 9Oliver Rossi/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 9Robert Daly/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 9Rekha Garton/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 9OJO Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 9Rafael Elias/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 9Jordan Siemens/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 9Blasius Erlinger/Getty Images
Ignorance Is Bliss1 of 9
By Shannan Rouss
Yes, being in a relationship is all about open and honest communication, sharing your feelings, revealing your heart, etc. But that doesn't mean you have to tell each other everything. In fact, there are some things—about his ex, his grooming habits, his poker night—that you might be better off not knowing. Here, eight mostly irrelevant bits of info that we think men would do well to keep mum about.
What Goes Down at Poker Night2 of 9
Just like he doesn't need a play-by-play of our girls' night out, we don't need a full report on what happened at poker night. The whiff of cigar on his clothes should tell you more than enough.
How Much His Mom Loved His Ex3 of 9
There is no imaginable scenario in which this nugget of insight could ever be helpful.
The Scoop on His Manscaping Habits4 of 9
We don't begrudge men their grooming rituals. We'd just rather not be privy to them. And we definitely don't want to find stray curlicues of hair on the bathroom tile.
The Details of His First Time—Or Any Time!5 of 9
You may think you want to know this, but you don't. You really don't. Anything more than knowing how old he was, where it happened and how long they'd been dating falls into the TMI realm.
How Much His New Entertainment System Cost6 of 9
It will only depress you to think of the romantic weekend getaway you could have used the money for instead.
What He Really Thinks of Your BFF7 of 9
Knowing that your significant other actually finds her annoying and a little needy will only hurt your feelings and make you defensive.
The Accident He Almost Had8 of 9
Hearing about every close call will only make you worry. Constantly.
How Long Those Leftovers Have Been in the Fridge9 of 9
When in doubt, throw it out. End of discussion.
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway