What His Car Says About Him
- Next1 of 12Glo
- Previous Next2 of 12Car Culture/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 12Istockphoto
- Previous Next4 of 12Car Culture/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 12Car Culture/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 12Car Culture/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 12Istockphoto
- Previous Next8 of 12CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next9 of 12Istockphoto
- Previous Next10 of 12Istockphoto
- Previous Next11 of 12Phil Banko/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 12David Nicolas/Getty Images
- What His Car Says About Him8 Winter Date Night Ideas
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 8 Things Never to Say at Thanksgiving Dinner
- How to Get Your Kids to Stop Bickering
- Have an Adult Relationship With Your Parents
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- 21 Books That Make Great Gifts
- Home-for-the-Holidays Survival Guide
- 10 Things to Watch, Read & Shop in December
- 10 Love Lessons Moms Should Teach Daughters
- How to Be More Outrospective
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- Sagittarius: Guide to Life, Love & Style
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Veterans' Day trivia
- Our Favorite Men of Movember
- Best Relationship Advice From Country Music
Relationships_car_trouble_intro card1 of 12what his car says about him
The Pick-Up Truck2 of 12
By Natasha Burton
Not only can this guy haul heavy things (and help you move!), but his vehicle choice also shows he’s a man’s man who is willing to do the grunt work, whether it’s of the manual labor variety or in your relationship.
The VW Van3 of 12
He’s a hippie. Clearly. But a dude who keeps on truckin’ in a groovy vehicle may either have a soft spot for nostalgia or be severely stuck in his trippy past. Which one is it? You’ll have to get to know him better to tell for sure.
The Classic Car4 of 12
Sure, one could argue this guy’s too attached in the past (like VW-van-man), but his love for classics shows that he appreciates that which can stand the test of time. A commitment-phobe he is not.
The Standard Sedan5 of 12
We know this no-frills fella may appear boring at first glance. But like his ride of choice, perhaps a sedan man is simply practical. Not a bad quality to have hangin' around.
The Flashy Sports Car6 of 12
If this dude didn’t want people looking at him, he would have opted for a less flashy ride. A flaunt-what-he’s-got guy loves the spotlight; the question is whether he'll move over and let any light shine on you.
The Sporty Hatchback7 of 12
Does your guy’s ride allow him to keep golf clubs or diving gear in the back? This sign that he's always up for adventure can carry over into your relationship with him — making for one exciting ride.
The Teeny Eco-Car8 of 12
Sure, he’s trying to be good to the environment, but he-who-drives-a-death-trap is a little suspect to us. And do we detect a tiny sense of entitlement in that annoying way he insists on parking that thing wherever he pleases?
The Jalopy9 of 12
Cracked window? Check. Rips in the upholstery? Check. Last week’s McDonalds shoved under the passenger seat? Check. (Hint: This is your cue to run.)
The SUV10 of 12
We read these wheels as belonging to a very manly man — in control and built to last. There’s always room for more in this guy’s life. But does he want to fill up the car with kids or with still-in-the-picture frat buddies? And does he have any gas guzzling guilt?
The Monster Truck11 of 12
“Overcompensating for something” is the easy go-to when decoding this guy’s ride. "Road hog" comes in second. But his tricked-out tendencies indicate he likes to go over-the-top, and that just might include affections (and gifts) for you, too.
The Scooter12 of 12
This guy is free as a bird — even if he is restricted from driving on freeways. A scooter man can zip swiftly into your life (possibly sweeping you off your feet in the process). But, he can jet out just as easily. Beware of childlike behavior.