What His Dating Past Says About Him
- Next1 of 11KYLE ROVER/startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next2 of 11Jemal Countess/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 11Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 11Ben Affleck: Janet Mayer/Splash News
- Previous Next5 of 11Sara De Boer/startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next6 of 11KYLE ROVER/startraksphoto.com
- Previous Next7 of 11MICHAEL GREIN/startraksphoto.comJo
- Previous Next8 of 11Leonardo DiCaprio: GF/bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next9 of 11Hayden Christensen: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next10 of 11John Hamm: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next11 of 11Euroimagen/Photoshot/Getty Images
- What His Dating Past Says About HimHow to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- Creative Hobbies & Crafts to Inspire You
- How Birth Order Affects Your Relationships
- Surprising Ways to Spice Up Your Marriage
- 20 "Good" Mistakes You Made in Your 20s
- April Fools' Pranks to Play On Your Partner
- 11 Amazing Images & Moments From 1954
- Married and not over your ex? How to deal
- 10 Traits That Cheating Guys Have in Common
- Ken Looks Back at 53 Years of Barbie
- 12 Things Men Never Notice About Women
- 8 Books to Read Before Seeing the Movie
- What to Shop, Watch & Read in April
- Nighttime Rituals That Will Improve Your Day
- 8 Morning Rituals to Improve Your Entire Day
- Unorthodox Parenting Techniques That Work
- 8 Things You Never Knew About Your Dreams
- Incredible Firsts for Women in the 21st Century
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
The X-Files1 of 11
By Meagan McCrary and Julie Fishman, co-authors of The Little Black Book of Big Red Flags
A guy's dating record can typically tell you a lot about the type of man he really is. Whether he's had his heart broken, can't commit or has a penchant for cheating, his romantic past provides helpful clues as to what you should expect from him when he enters into a relationship with you.
He's Divorced2 of 11
While being divorced is no longer a stigma, how and why a man's marriage ended can shed light on his character. Before things between you get serious, inquire about his marital split … and make sure the divorce is final.
He's Been Cheated On3 of 11
A man who's been betrayed in the past will likely have trust issues. He may have trouble opening up to future girlfriends for fear of getting his heart broken again.
Serial Monogamist4 of 11
This guy loves being loved—and isn’t afraid to commit. Yet jumping straight from one serious relationship into another may signal insecurity or a fear of being alone.
He's Cheated5 of 11
While his past infidelity doesn't mean he'll cheat on you, have a conversation about why he strayed in a previous relationship. If he hasn't addressed his reason for cheating and worked to change, there's a good chance it'll happen again.
He's a Known Player6 of 11
Even if his debonair attitude seems to speak otherwise, a known player sees you as just another notch in his headboard. He's liable to wine, dine and sleep with you … then leave you.
He's a Relationship Newbie7 of 11
This love loner could be super picky or fear rejection. Apt to jump ship when the tides get rough, he may not understand that relationships are hard work.
He Was Off and On With His Last GF8 of 11
A guy this wishy-washy doesn’t know what he wants. Incapable of making a decision and abiding by it, he isn’t the type to ever fully commit and will most likely jerk you around the emotional rollercoaster.
He Broke Off an Engagement9 of 11
Calling off his wedding doesn’t necessarily make a man a bad guy. If the relationship wasn’t fulfilling, not getting married was probably the right thing to do. However, it wouldn't hurt to ask him why he proposed in the first place — the answer to that question should be quite revealing.
He's Never Been Married10 of 11
A 37-year-old man who’s never tied the knot might still be searching for the right girl to call his own; a 47-year-old man who’s never been married is probably a dedicated bachelor. Age is definitely a factor, but if a guy’s never been married nor been in a long-term relationship, don’t expect a proposal any time soon.
He Dates Younger11 of 11
Whether they date younger women to feed their egos or they like to keep things light and fun, men who continuously choose girls half their age aren't interested in dating an equal. He might only be interested in arm candy, have a fear of commitment, or have control issues.
- How to Stop Fighting With Your Spouse
- 11 Clever Decor Ideas For Small Patios
- Save Using These Shopping Codes
- Your Ultimate Guide to At-Home Self-Tanners
- 12 Festival Outfits Inspired By Celebrities
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds