What His Drink Of Choice Says About Him
- Next1 of 13Glo
- Previous Next2 of 13Food Image Source/Brian Leatart/StockFood
- Previous Next3 of 13Christina Schmidhofer/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 13Datacraft/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 13Andrea Bricco/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 13Food Image Source/Peter Harasty/StockFood
- Previous Next7 of 13Michael Maes/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 13James And James/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 13Lisa Romerein/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 13Allison Dinner/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 13Steve Cohen/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 13Jessica Boone/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 13sozaijiten/Datacraft/Getty Images
- What His Drink Of Choice Says About HimWhat His Swimsuit Says About Him
- What His Facial Hair Says About Him
- What His Favorite Superhero Says About Him
- What His Bad Habit Says About Him
- What His Car Says About Him
- 17 worst things to say in a wedding speech
- 7 tips to help you master the art of small talk
- Mother's Day Fun Facts
- How to become a grownup in 10 steps
- Save the Date: 13 things to do this month
- What His Favorite Sport Says About Him
- What His Dog Says About Him
- What His Tattoo Says About Him
- How to Raise a Confident Daughter
- 11 things men wish you knew about them
- 10 compliments men hate getting
- The best parenting tweets of the month
- 8 secrets of happy moms
- Should you pull a Mila-and-Ashton?
RELA_Intro_v011 of 13
Jack & Coke2 of 13
Manhattan mixologist Dara Mahler calls this "a weeknight drink for men who wear suits." A whiskey and soda guy often appears as if he could drink for eight hours straight—even while making business deals—without slurring a word. While he can be overly macho, we'd like to think that this guy isn't into playing games.
Wine3 of 13
According to Jordan Catapano, bartending blogger and author of This Girl Walks Into a Bar: A Women's Guide to Professional Bartending and Home Mixology, a guy who asks to see the wine list usually has an interest in art, culture and travel. But if he orders the house varietal without thinking, he might need some more grooming.
Light Beer4 of 13
The light beer drinkers that Mahler serves are most often partiers after quantity not quality, though there's also the occasional fitness fanatic who doesn't want to ruin his six-pack. The quantity guy may seem affable and fun-loving, but his heavy drinking could be a sign of trouble, whereas a calorie counter may be judgmental and unable to let loose.
Craft Beer5 of 13
Catapano has found that "a man who drinks craft beer appreciates the finer things in life." This type typically isn't looking for a quick buzz, but rather seems to enjoy savoring the moment. And we like to believe that a man who sips high-quality beer will value a high-quality woman, as well.
Gin & Tonic6 of 13
These men are generally polite and reserved—until they perhaps enjoy a few too many cocktails and morph into their more rambunctious alter egos. "These are often the guys who get thrown out of the bar then appear a few weeks later as if nothing ever happened," adds Mahler, citing her experience.
Scotch7 of 13
Characteristically patient and wise with a strong work ethic, a man who drinks fine-aged scotch is "accomplished but rarely boasts," says Catapano. This kind of man is often serious and contemplative, so chances are he's looking for more than a casual fling.
Redbull & Vodka8 of 13
Either right out of college or still holding on to those glory days, this guy is—more often than not—a "hard partier who doesn't mind waking up without a clue as to what happened the night prior," says Mahler.
Dirty Martini9 of 13
A martini man "likely has money and wants you to recognize it," says Mahler. If he knows exactly what he wants in a drink (Grey Goose, straight up, with two olives), then he probably also has specific criteria for a mate. He can be difficult to please, as he looks for faults in everything, says Mahler.
Tropical Cocktail10 of 13
Pastel-colored drinks festooned with umbrellas may look feminine, but don't be fooled—a man who drinks them can be both strong and quick-witted. Most often comfortable in his own skin, "he likes what he likes, and the viewpoints of others are irrelevant," says Catapano.
Tom Collins11 of 13
Since this drink requires fresh ingredients and a perfect balance of flavors, this guy "understands that when you want something done right, you need to put some TLC into it," says Catapano. We imagine that this man has a passion for details and would love planning fantastic date nights for the two of you.
White Russian12 of 13
If he loves this hipster drink of the moment, then this guy probably regularly quotes The Big Lebowski. Likely a liberal into indie rock and anything retro, he may come off as trying too hard, but he is often well read and well spoken, ensuring conversations will never be dull.
Whatever You're Having13 of 13
If a man doesn't have a set drink and tends to just piggyback on your order, then he's certainly easygoing, but he may also be complacent. A man who's agreeable will probably treat you well, but his "whatever you want" routine could become frustrating over time.
Julie Fishman is Glo's Hump Day Happy Hour columnist.
NEXT ON GLO: What His Dating Past Says About Him