What His Tattoo Says About Him
- Next1 of 14Glo
- Previous Next2 of 14Johnny Depp: Alan Davidson/WireImage
- Previous Next3 of 14Tyson Beckford: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next4 of 14Michael Phelps: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 14Benji Madden: Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next6 of 14Kenyon Martin: Icon SMI/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next7 of 14Nick Lachey: Zach Cordner/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next8 of 14Lil Wayne: Sozufe Adeleri/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next9 of 14John Mayer: Rob Grabowski/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next10 of 14Joey Fatone: DUSTIN SNIPES/Icon SMI/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next11 of 14Tommy Lee: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next12 of 14Mike Tyson: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next13 of 14Robbie Williams: David Dyson/CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next14 of 14Marc Jacobs: Tracey Renee/Retna Ltd.
- What His Tattoo Says About Him
More to Love
RELA_intro card_HisTattoo_v011 of 14
A Woman's Name2 of 14
Talk about commitment: A man who puts his lady's name on his body is not just a romantic, he's also not afraid to show it. But, if that name isn’t yours, before he puts a ring on it (“it” being your finger), he better put something else over this tat or get it removed.
His Own Name3 of 14
What, is he worried he might forget it? We hate to say it, but a guy with this tattoo may be a bit full of himself. (Though, Tyson Beckford, who allegedly has his name inked on his shoulder, is so hot he can do whatever he wants.)
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Most Shocking Dating Red Flag Stories
His Resume4 of 14
Michael Phelps allegedly had the Olympic rings tattooed on his body to signify his athletic accomplishments. While this type of tattoo is admittedly a bit narcissistic as well, come on, the guy won 14 gold medals. We say he's allowed to brag just a bit.
"Mom"5 of 14
Sure, he may not still be connected via umbilical cord, but a man who has "Mom" emblazoned on his body is not only unimaginative in the ink department, he could also be a bit of a momma's boy. Though maybe he's really a rebel: Given that most moms we know aren't huge fans of tattoos, we'd bet they wouldn't exactly be thrilled to be honored in this fashion.
His Kids' Faces6 of 14
This tattoo signifies a very sweet gesture. Though, don't kids age? Will the guy sporting this tattoo get new ones as the kids get older, sort of like charting their heights on the kitchen wall? Plus, talk about embarrassing for his kids when they grow up: When they bring home dates, all Dad has to do is roll up his sleeves to show off their cutesy baby photos, which are immortalized forever on his arms.
Tribal Arm-Band7 of 14
Unless you’re Nick Lachey from 98 Degrees circa 1999, the barbed-wire armband tat is a no-no. Instead of saying he’s a macho man, this tattoo says your guy yearns to emulate a dude from a boy band.
Tear Drops8 of 14
We always wondered what this tattoo means and it turns out that it has many interpretations, ranging from sweet to scary: Tears allegedly can represent loved ones who have died or people you have killed. If you meet a man with this tattoo, you may want to ask him what his symbolizes before saying yes to that date.
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Biggest Red Flags Women Commit
Full-Sleeves9 of 14
Sure, this style is intricate and very artsy. All we know is a guy who went through the hours of pain for full-sleeve tattoos will really want to show them off. Which means he also much really likes wearing cut-off shirts. Most women we know really don't really find cut-off shirts atttractive.
Inner-Lip10 of 14
Former N*Sync member Joey Fatone reportedly has the name "Kelly" inked on the inside of his lip (luckily, this Kelly lady later became his wife). While it's not the most good-looking tattoo, we have to respect a man who'll ink himself in one of the reportedly most painful places to do so.
New Age Symbol11 of 14
If a guy sports an ohm symbol, ancient Sanskrit characters or some psychic emblem, he may be inclined to jump on the bandwagon of whatever spiritual trend comes his way (and might even try to convert you too). And his choice of ink is a bit ironic, as most spiritual practices encourage their followers not to do anything that would harm or mark their bodies.
Face Mask12 of 14
On Mike Tyson, this look is bad ass. On anyone else, it's just terrifying.
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Shocking Dating Stories
Manly Animal13 of 14
In most cases, a tattoo of some kind of jungle cat — lion, panther, tiger, leopard — is pretty unoriginal. (A guy sporting one likely pointed to a random design on the parlor's wall.) But, besides that, we would guess that a man wanting some kind of ferocious beast inked onto him is one who may be a bit unsure of his own masculinity and needs something roaring from his skin to feel manly.
Cartoon14 of 14
This ink certainly shows a man has a sense of humor, but that doesn't mean he should be tattooing it on his arm. (It surely won't be so comical 20 years from now.) We know a guy who has a tattoo of the Kool-Aid Man busting through his skin, which certainly is funny ... when it's not on your boyfriend or husband.
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Worst Relationship Red Flags
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway