What men really think of your online dating profile
You say: I'm laid-back/easygoing/down-to-earth.
He hears: I don't have strong opinions about anything or I spend a lot of time on the couch in my sweats watching movies.
The problem with these adjectives is that they can evoke a whole host of images, not all of them good. "Is she so laid-back she's never going to care where we go or what we do?" worries Eli.
"I picture her on the couch in sweatpants with a box of tissues watching Lifetime movies,”"says Christopher, a 37-year-old former online dater from Milwaukee, WI.
"Let me determine if you're laid-back," says David Wygant, a dating coach and author of Always Talk to Strangers: 3 Simple Steps to Finding the Love of Your Life. Give examples of how you spend your time, he adds. Davis agrees. "The buzz words themselves aren't telling; the activities you enjoy are. That's what will resonate with someone."
ON ELLE DECOR: Easy Ways to Spruce Up Your Bathroom
More On MSN
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- 11 Enviable Celebrity Bedrooms
- New Invention Helps You Read Faster
- 10 Things to Watch, Shop and Do in March
- 25 Unusual Outfit Details From Fashion Month
- 10 Budget Decorating Secrets
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Animal Finds