While You Were Sleeping
9 things you didn't know about your dreams
3. The most common dream? Your spouse is cheating.
If you've ever woken up in a cold sweat after dreaming about your husband's extramarital escapade with your best friend, you're not alone, says Lauri Quinn Loewenberg, a dream expert, author and media personality. "The most commonly reported dream is the one where your mate is cheating," she says. Loewenberg conducted a survey of more than 5,000 people, and found that the infidelity dream is the nightmare that haunts most people—sometimes on a recurring basis. It rarely has anything to do with an actual affair, she explains, but rather the common and universal fear of being wronged or left alone.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 6 Common Sex Dreams-Decoded
4. You can have several—even a dozen—dreams in one night.
It's not just one dream per night, but rather dozens of them, say experts—you just may not remember them all. "We dream every 90 minutes throughout the night, with each cycle of dreaming being longer than the previous," explains Loewenberg. "The first dream of the night is about 5 minutes long and the last dream you have before awakening can be 45 minutes to an hour long." It is estimated that most people have more than 100,000 dreams in a lifetime.
More On MSN
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- This Weekend's Best Holiday Sales
- 9 Outfits Inspired By Favorite Holiday Movies
- How to Be More Outrospective
- Holiday Decorating Secrets From the Pros
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway