Who's The Boss?
Dealing With Difficult Co-Workers
The Office Lingerer
As much as you appreciate your company's open-door policy, when The Office Lingerer stops by to ask a question and then settles in and starts telling you all about his day, it's so frustrating that you wish you could put a lock on your door. New York City-based executive recruiter Patricia H. Lenkov asks what's on all our minds: "How is it that he has so much free time on his hands?" Regardless of how he spends his time, make it clear that yours is precious. As soon as he swings by, announce a "hard stop": "What's up, Sam? I have a call in five minutes." Before he gets too comfy, remind him, "That call is in two minutes, so we need to wrap this up."
ON WOMAN'S DAY: How to Get Ahead at Work
More On MSN
- Totally Unexpected Ways To Sparkle This Season
- Why I'm OK With Only One Child
- Win $3,500 Worth of Gifts
- Beauty Solutions For A Stress-Free Holiday
- Schmoozing Tips for the Holiday Office Party
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway