7 worst texts a guy can send—or not send
- Next1 of 8Image Source/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 8Glo
- Previous Next3 of 8Glo
- Previous Next4 of 8Glo
- Previous Next5 of 8Glo
- Previous Next6 of 8Glo
- Previous Next7 of 8Glo
- Previous Next8 of 8Glo
- 7 worst texts a guy can send—or not sendSneaky Ways Guys Pick You Up
- The Real Reason You're Having Painful Sex
- Why You Should Be Dating Three Guys At Once
- Ladies, are you a bad kisser?
- 9 Things to Watch, Read & Shop in December
- 10 Love Lessons Moms Should Teach Daughters
- How to Be More Outrospective
- The Passive Aggressive Giver's Gift Guide
- Sagittarius: Guide to Life, Love & Style
- 10 Mistakes Parents Make During the Holidays
- Starting Over
- Outrageous wedding cakes, favors, venues & more
- The best advice your kids can give you
- 8 Things Never to Say at Thanksgiving Dinner
- How to Get Your Kids to Stop Bickering
- Have an Adult Relationship With Your Parents
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- 21 Books That Make Great Gifts
- Home-for-the-Holidays Survival Guide
Srsly?1 of 8
By Carson Griffith for Cosmopolitan
Sometimes deciphering men's texts can be like translating ancient Greek. Is he really "LOL?" And when should you stop sending him that floating question mark after he is—or isn't—ignoring you? Enter HeTexted.com, a site where users upload screenshots of their maddening man texts for community commenting. HeTexted.com co-founder Carrie Henderson-McDermott breaks down the top nine man texts that confuse and enrage us.
The One Worder2 of 8
This can be like a dagger through the heart after you've spent so much brain-power trying to plan the perfect flirty texts, only to get a simple one word response. Now instead of spending your time plotting witty banter, you are trying to dissect what he meant by "Ha."
What to do: "When it feels like you're having a one-sided conversation, it's probably a good time to reevaluate," Henderson says.
ON COSMOPOLITAN: The 10 Most Annoying Texts Ever
The Art of B.S. Text3 of 8
It's nice to hear a good compliment every now and then, but if it's too often and comes too easily, you have to wonder how many other girls have received the same texts before you.
What to do: "When it seems too good to be true, it probably is," Henderson points out. "We all love a sweet text, but it's usually a bad sign when it's over the top." And reputations extend into the text world too: "If his friends are calling him a BS'er? Never great."
The AWOL Text4 of 8
He's not Houdini, but he just pulled a great disappearing act. Things were going swell; now getting him to respond to your texts and commit to plans is like pulling teeth. What's up with that!?
What to do: Henderson advises: "See how he handles the next date before you make yourself crazy thinking he's lost interest."
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat
The Noncommittal Text5 of 8
These are the sporadic texts that roll in from your "free-spirited" friend (with benefits?). Usually they are vague, but sometimes, confusingly, virtually flirtatious.
What to do: "If he leaves things open-ended, you can do better," Henderson says. "Move on." #delete
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 10 Signs He Wants to Marry You
The Foodie Text6 of 8
It's the caloric version of a booty call—without the orgasm.
What to do: "This text is an unusual one, but totally harmless," says Henderson. But, as Henderson points out (and maybe you should too, to him): "It's not ideal that he needs food as an excuse to hang-out."
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 12 Crazy Texts From My Guy
The Send-A-Pic Text7 of 8
This precursor to sexting from your current crush will send you into a panic looking for good lighting and cute angles, and wondering whether you should go the R- or G-rated route.
What to do: Consider the recipient and make sure it's someone you really trust. "This is the text that guys send to see how far they can get you to go," says Henderson. "Our rule: If you wouldn't send it to your mother, don't send it."
ON COSMOPOLITAN: 9 Things He Doesn't Want You to Know
The No-Text Text8 of 8
You've waited hours (okay, minutes) for him to respond to your text. So you start sending him more messages: Questions, question marks, anything you think will get him to respond.
What to do: "We've all been there, but it's not a cute place to be," admits Henderson, who says women should use self-control and put the brakes on if they don't receive a text from the guy after reaching out the first time around: "A guy that doesn't respond to your first text doesn't deserve a second one."
- 10 Worst Packing Mistakes You're Making
- 9 resolutions that are doomed to fail
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit for $1,850
- Find The Perfect Holiday Beauty Gift For Mom
- 10 Crazy Christmas Houses
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway