10 Style Lessons from the Golden Globes
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Jason Merritt/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 11Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 11Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next6 of 11Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 11Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 11Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next9 of 11Jeff Vespa/WireImage
- Previous Next10 of 11Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 11Steve Granitz/WireImage
- 10 Style Lessons from the Golden GlobesWacky wedding rings you have to see to believe
- Best Style Moments from Miss USA 2013
- Accessories that will transform your wardrobe
- Check out Shakira's rockin' elle photo shoot
- Crazy-cool NBA fan gear you never knew you needed
- Our favorite celebrity music festival outfits ever
- Shine this season with bold metallic accessories
- Stylish new ways to shake up your wardrobe
- 9 stylish outfits that men can't resist
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- 10 Celeb-inspired dresses for wedding season
- Swimsuits for every body type—all under $50!
- Style Candy: Celebrity Beach Chic
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- Celebs & Real Women Face-Off
- My Body Changed—and How I Learned to Style It
- 11 things you should never wear to a wedding
- 12 models who stole the spotlight at Cannes
- Cool, comfy PJs for the bedroom and beyond
Award-Winning Fashion1 of 11
By Kelly Mickle
We reviewed the hottest looks from Sunday's Golden Globes. From exposed skin and black embellishments to floral prints and pastel hues, steal these style tips to land on the best-dressed list.
Orange Crush2 of 11
The lesson: Trade red for orange.
Despite the chilly temps, the stars heated up the red carpet in this vibrant hue. The fiery orange tone is a fresh and modern twist to traditional crimson, making it a perfect shade to spice up your spring and summer
Too Cool3 of 11
The lesson: Beware of cool hues that might wash you out.
We've seen Jessica Chastain look stunning in pink, but a too-pale pastel like this icy blue hue can look blah on women with fair complexions. A slightly richer and deeper color would be more flattering.
Looking Back4 of 11
The lesson: Backs are the new front.
From thigh-high slits to plunging necklines, skin was definitely in at the Golden Globes. Our favorite way to flaunt it? Back-baring ensembles that won't leave you overexposed.
Black Magic5 of 11
The lesson: Forget basic black
Kate Hudson proves black can be anything but boring when paired with chic gold detailing and a sexy keyhole neckline. Opt for lace, leather or embellished accents to elevate your standard LBD.
Snow Whites6 of 11
The lesson: Sport a simple silhouette to keep from looking bridal
Many actresses shined bright in white at the Golden Globes, but a few took the spirit of the hue a little too far—looking more bridal than Hollywood glam. Stick with sleek shapes and a pop of color or attention-grabbing jewelry to wear white without looking like it's your wedding day.
Be Jeweled7 of 11
The lesson: Skip jewelry in favor of embellished necklines
Who needs jewelry when you've got a dress like Nicole Kidman's? Clothes do double-duty when they're embroidered with beading and crystal detailing.
Sheer Genius8 of 11
The lesson: Choose dark shades when going sheer
Nude sheers can be unforgiving and borderline figure skater. Instead, take a cue from Julianna Margulies and seek out a see-through dress or top in deep blues, blacks and purples to keep the look classy
Play by Ear9 of 11
The lesson: Replace statement necklaces with statement earrings
Forget statement necklaces. For special occasions, it's all about earrings. Luxurious styles with colored stones like Salma Hayek's add instant allure.
Buckle Up10 of 11
The lesson: A matching belt is a subtle way to show off your waist
With the color-blocking trend giving way to a more monochromatic look, a belt in the same hue as your dress is a modern way to cinch your waist.
Beware of Oversized Buds11 of 11
The lesson: Beware of oversize buds
Bold floral shades are sprouting up everywhere this spring, but the large blooms on this Carolina Herrera gown overwhelm Lucy Liu's petite figure. Stick with smaller floral prints in subtle shades to keep your look
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds