The New Winter Essentials
- Next1 of 11Anna Sui: F/W 11; Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of My Theresa
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Joe's
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Delia's
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of DSW
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of My Theresa
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Les Nouvelles
The New Winter Essentials1 of 11
By Alexis Jonnson
Spring's pretty pastels and lightweight dresses may already be in stores, but baby, it's still cold outside. As we enter the mid-winter hump into February, here are ten updated takes on classic winter essentials—all under $250. These playful pieces will stave off boredom and keep you cozy till the temperature rises.
The Boot2 of 11
Be weather ready with this suede version of the rugged duck boot. The faux-fur trimming and waterproof finish help you brave blustery weather in style.
SHOP NOW: Sorel Weather Boots, $229
The Gloves3 of 11
Cashmere-lined leather gloves in a bright hue will punch up your winter wardrobe and protect your hands from the harsh elements.
SHOP NOW: Nordstrom Lined Leather Gloves, $69
The Sweater4 of 11
Crewneck sweaters that allude to après-ski are both fashionable and fun. Pick one in a marled multicolor or one with a little neon pop, to brighten the road into spring.
SHOP NOW: Topshop Chunky Knit Sweater, $84
The Blouse5 of 11
Dressed up with a pencil skirt and heels or down with your favorite worn-in denim and ballet flats, this classic find is the epitome of effortless chic.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew Silk Blouse, $98
The Jean6 of 11
Animal prints add an unexpected element to the old favorite. Try a darker aubergine in a velvet fabric for a cold weather–appropriate update.
SHOP NOW: Joe's Velvet Leopard Skinny Jeans, $189
The Jacket7 of 11
Top off your day look with a military-inspired anorak. A faux fur–trimmed hood and drawstring ties at the waist will keep the look feminine and flattering.
SHOP NOW: Delia's Cotton Fishtail Coat, $40
The Tights8 of 11
Break away from the boring and slip on tights in everything from peacock feathers to houndstooth to polka dots. For a slimming effect, seek out darker shades with vertical patterns.
SHOP NOW: Topshop Wine Peacock Lace Tights, $24
The Pump9 of 11
Perfect for pairing with delicate socks or knitwear tights, these vintage-inspired heels can be worn with your favorite flippy skirt or tailored trousers.
SHOP NOW: Mrkt T-Strap Patty Pumps, $80
The Pant10 of 11
Athletic-inspired jogging pants in ultra-soft cashmere are the perfect combo of laidback and luxe. Pair with lace-up heeled booties and a leather jacket to make the look going-out ready.
SHOP NOW: T by Alexander Wang Pants, $119
The Hat11 of 11
Whether you prefer a floppy felt, a retro cloche or a woodsy trapper hat, a winter cap that adds a little flair will lift your spirits and make the cold weather more bearable.
SHOP NOW: Rag & Bone Dunaway Hat, $105
NEXT ON GLO: Winter Wise: Best Hats for Cold Weather
- 11 Eco-Friendly Brands To Shop Right Now
- 10 Things Guys Really Do After a Breakup
- SNL alum lands huge Garnier campaign
- Decorate A Rental Without Losing Your Deposit
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds