Always and Forever
- Next1 of 14Tommyy Hilfiger: Imaxtree
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 14Courtesy of J. Crew
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 14Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 14Courtesy of Old Navy
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 14Courtesy of French Connection
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 14Courtesy of Charm & Chain
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 14Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 14Courtesy of Oliver Peoples
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 14Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 14Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 14Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next12 of 14Courtesy of Aldo
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 14Courtesy of Ann Taylor
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 14Courtesy of J Brand
- Always and ForeverThe Best White Jeans for Summer
- Wacky wedding rings you have to see to believe
- Best Style Moments from Miss USA 2013
- Accessories that will transform your wardrobe
- Style Candy: Celebrity Beach Chic
- Crazy-cool NBA fan gear you never knew you needed
- Our favorite celebrity music festival outfits ever
- My Body Changed—and How I Learned to Style It
- Stylish new ways to shake up your wardrobe
- 9 stylish outfits that men can't resist
- Check out Shakira's rockin' elle photo shoot
- 10 Celeb-inspired dresses for wedding season
- Swimsuits for every body type—all under $50!
- Shine this season with bold metallic accessories
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- Celebs & Real Women Face-Off
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- 11 things you should never wear to a wedding
- 12 models who stole the spotlight at Cannes
Timeless Style1 of 14
There are certain pieces of clothing that are the essential building blocks of a wardrobe. Here are our picks, updated for the holiday season, that every woman should own.
Crop Shop2 of 14
By Lilah Nicolaidis
A cropped black pant in wool, cotton or denim is a piece that you can wear for almost any occasion: work, weekends or date night.
SHOP NOW: J. Crew pants, $168
Stand Tall3 of 14
A tall leather boot in black or brown looks great with jeans and dresses, and the height helps elongate your leg in the absence of a heel.
SHOP NOW: Miz Mooz boot, $200
The Right Stripes4 of 14
Short sleeve or long sleeve, a classic striped T-shirt ups the style ante of any outfit.
SHOP NOW: Old Navy top, $15
In Print5 of 14
Try a dress with a simple print for daytime. This versatile style would be easy to mix and match with all sorts of accessories for lots of outfit options.
SHOP NOW: French Connection, $128
Quick Pick6 of 14
A signature piece of jewelry around your face, whether it’s earrings or a necklace, should be simple and refined for everyday wear. These bird earrings would add a touch of whimsy to any outfit.
SHOP NOW: Elizabeth Cole earrings, $70
How to Flirt7 of 14
A lacy lingerie set will make you feel completely feminine no matter what you’re wearing over it.
SHOP NOW: Eberjay set, $84
See It All8 of 14
Classic aviator frames look good on most face shapes, and a sophisticated pair of well-made glasses is always worth the splurge.
SHOP NOW: Oliver Peoples sunglasses, $350
On Top9 of 14
A black blazer is one of the most important elements of a grown-up wardrobe. This is another piece that must be tailored to your shape in order to achieve the most flattering look.
SHOP NOW: Topshop jacket, $135
Tote-Ally10 of 14
Carry all your belongings in a stylish leather tote bag. Try a rich neutral like coffee, camel or navy, which will complement almost everything.
SHOP NOW: Dooney & Bourke tote, $295
Tried and True11 of 14
The white button down shirt is an absolute must for every wardrobe. Don’t expect every style to fit you perfectly off the rack. Take your pick to the tailor and have him customize it to your shape.
SHOP NOW: Aubin & Wills shirt, $105
Lay Low12 of 14
A flat shoe is an essential for every season and much less expensive than a heel or a boot. Try a more festive look for the holidays with an embellished style.
SHOP NOW: Aldo shoe, $40
Penciled In13 of 14
A pencil skirt is slimming on all body types and a very versatile style that works for work or weekends. Ask your salesperson to help you decide on the right hem length, but remember that just-below-the-knee is the most universally flattering.
SHOP NOW: Ann Taylor skirt, $98
Get the Boot14 of 14
Dark denim in a classic bootleg cut is a universally flattering silhouette as it evens out the shape of your legs. Add a pair of heels to elongate those gams even more.
SHOP NOW: J Brand jeans, $167
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds