Ask The Editor
- Next1 of 11Kourtney Kardashian: Steven Lawton/FilmMagic
- Previous Next2 of 11Carey Mulligan: Neil Mockford/FilmMagic
- Previous Next3 of 11Elin Nordegren: Larry P/Splash News
- Previous Next4 of 11Kourtney Kardashian: Steven Lawton/FilmMagic
- Previous Next5 of 11Nicole Richie: PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next6 of 11Victoria Beckham: RIA NovostiCamera Press / Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next7 of 11RD / Kirkland / Retna Digital
- Previous Next8 of 11Keri Russell: George Napolitano/FilmMagic
- Previous Next9 of 11Brandy Norwood: Frederick M. Brown/Gerry Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Kendra Wilkinson: Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Fiona Falkiner: Gaye Gerard/Getty Images
- Ask The EditorThe Best White Jeans for Summer
- Wacky wedding rings you have to see to believe
- Best Style Moments from Miss USA 2013
- Accessories that will transform your wardrobe
- Style Candy: Celebrity Beach Chic
- Crazy-cool NBA fan gear you never knew you needed
- Our favorite celebrity music festival outfits ever
- My Body Changed—and How I Learned to Style It
- Stylish new ways to shake up your wardrobe
- 9 stylish outfits that men can't resist
- Check out Shakira's rockin' elle photo shoot
- 10 Celeb-inspired dresses for wedding season
- Swimsuits for every body type—all under $50!
- Shine this season with bold metallic accessories
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- Celebs & Real Women Face-Off
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- 11 things you should never wear to a wedding
- 12 models who stole the spotlight at Cannes
Life Changes1 of 11
The way we dress is not just a reflection of how we want to look, but oftentimes how we feel. Whether you’ve just gone through a breakup, have a new baby or are about to take on a new job or city, momentous life changes can feel daunting, all the way down to your wardrobe. Here’s our expert style advice to give you the confidence you need to tackle these exciting life changes.
Newly Single2 of 11
By Nicole Mann Novick
Your clothes are a great opportunity to remind you how sexy being single can be. A great pair of heels or a standout dress exudes confidence in a way that nothing else can.
Newly Single3 of 11
After a breakup, care for yourself by choosing clothing that is both cozy and luxurious. For example, a cashmere sweater or a soft cotton blouse offers a bit of decadence that you deserve and will make you feel pampered.
New Baby4 of 11
Just because you’re a new mom, it doesn’t mean your dressy favorites should be a thing of the past. Keep a sleek, sexy dress hanging front and center in your closet to be worn with fabulous jewelry and your favorite heels.
New Baby5 of 11
Comfortable clothes for chasing around the little one can still be chic. Pair cropped jeans with an embellished top or sexy heels and you’ll be the most stylish mom at the playground.
New City6 of 11
Sometimes when we move to a new place, our instinct is to try to look the part. But you’ve spent years developing your sense of style, and wearing what makes you feel comfortable will keep you confident regardless of the trends of your new city. Keep your beloved wardrobe staples handy; there’s no need to keep them in the closet just because you’re moving to a new place.
New City7 of 11
At the same time, it’s always fun to try new things, so do a little people watching and see if the tastemakers in your new city give you style inspiration. A Jersey Girl in Miami might otherwise never know how good she looks in a slightly more cosmopolitan outfit….
New Job8 of 11
Starting a new job can feel like the first day of school, so try to remember what made it exciting as a kid – back-to-school shopping! Whether your new position requires you to be in suits or the dress code is business casual, treat yourself to a fresh outfit to wear on your very first day as a stylish symbol of your new beginning.
New Job9 of 11
When shopping for a new job that requires clothing different from the wardrobe that you already own, invest in staples like monochromatic pencil skirts, tailored trousers, button-downs and cardigans that can easily be interchanged. Once you have enough basics, add unique touches as your budget allows, like an interesting statement necklace or a striking belt.
New Body10 of 11
After substantial weight loss, choose pieces that show off the new figure that you worked so hard to achieve. Most proud of your toned legs from all that running? Then go ahead and shorten your hemline or try more body-conscious styles.
New Body11 of 11
Just because your body has changed doesn't mean that you need to show the "full monty" to the world. For instance, a strapless cocktail dress will flaunt your svelte arms, while still leaving the rest to the imagination.
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds