Ask The Editor
- Next1 of 11Istockphoto
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 11Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next3 of 11Kristen Bell: Retna
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 11Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 11Courtesy of A.P.C.
- Previous Next6 of 11BCBG Max Azria: Stylesight
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 11Courtesy of Ann Taylor
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 11Courtesy of Endless
- Previous Next9 of 11Chloé: Stylesight
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 11Courtesy of French Connection and Net-A-Porter
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 11Courtesy of Aldo
- Ask The EditorThe Best White Jeans for Summer
- Wacky wedding rings you have to see to believe
- Best Style Moments from Miss USA 2013
- Accessories that will transform your wardrobe
- Style Candy: Celebrity Beach Chic
- Crazy-cool NBA fan gear you never knew you needed
- Our favorite celebrity music festival outfits ever
- My Body Changed—and How I Learned to Style It
- Stylish new ways to shake up your wardrobe
- 9 stylish outfits that men can't resist
- Check out Shakira's rockin' elle photo shoot
- 10 Celeb-inspired dresses for wedding season
- Swimsuits for every body type—all under $50!
- Shine this season with bold metallic accessories
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- Celebs & Real Women Face-Off
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- 11 things you should never wear to a wedding
- 12 models who stole the spotlight at Cannes
True Story. ...1 of 11
You’ve heard them all before: Don’t wear white after Labor Day; you must match your shoes to your bag; and so on. Today we’re debunking the top ten style myths. Read on for our expert advice.
Shine On2 of 11
The myth that sparkle is only for night needs to be put to bed immediately. A pair of sequin ballet flats or a T-shirt with shining embellishments would each look great with a pair of jeans during the day.
SHOP NOW: All Black flat, $130
Long Story3 of 11
Petit women, you heard it here first: You can (and should) wear long dresses. A monochromatic column style will help you look extra-long and lean.
The Right Stripes4 of 11
Don’t believe the hype: Horizontal stripes don’t necessarily make you look larger. Try a chevron stripe to draw the eye down.
SHOP NOW: Topshop shirt, $90
Short Story5 of 11
Are miniskirts appropriate for any age? We’d prefer to see this style on the junior set, but if your legs are your best assets, try a more mature fabric like velvet, leather or corduroy. And please, wear tights whenever possible.
SHOP NOW: A.P.C. skirt, $180
Stretch It Out6 of 11
Despite what you may have heard, dark shoes paired with light tights creates a super-chic look that actually lengthens your legs.
White On7 of 11
White after Labor Day? Yes, it’s actually holiday-appropriate. Go for richer textures and fabrics like satin or velvet to make the most of this refreshing, snowy shade.
SHOP NOW: Ann Taylor blouse, $88
Open Up8 of 11
Don’t put away your open-toe shoes just yet. These not-just-for-summer shoes look great all winter long with patterned and textured tights.
SHOP NOW: Calvin Klein shoe, $139
Matchy-Matchy9 of 11
This is another of mom’s favorites, but we say as long as your accessories match your outfit, you are fine. Stay classic if your look is classic or retro if you’re going for that style.
In the Mix10 of 11
You can mix prints and patterns, just keep everything in the same trend: mod with mod, romantic with romantic, western with western.
High Gloss11 of 11
Did your mother ever tell you that you can’t wear patent leather in the winter? Maybe in her day, but not anymore. These nude heels are definitely sophisticated enough for the office.
SHOP NOW: Aldo shoe, $70
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios