Ask The Style Editor
- Next1 of 11Istockphoto
- Previous Next2 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next3 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next4 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next5 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next6 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next7 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next8 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next9 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next10 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next11 of 11Imaxtree.com
- Ask The Style EditorThe Best White Jeans for Summer
- Wacky wedding rings you have to see to believe
- Best Style Moments from Miss USA 2013
- Accessories that will transform your wardrobe
- Style Candy: Celebrity Beach Chic
- Crazy-cool NBA fan gear you never knew you needed
- Our favorite celebrity music festival outfits ever
- My Body Changed—and How I Learned to Style It
- Stylish new ways to shake up your wardrobe
- 9 stylish outfits that men can't resist
- Check out Shakira's rockin' elle photo shoot
- 10 Celeb-inspired dresses for wedding season
- Swimsuits for every body type—all under $50!
- Shine this season with bold metallic accessories
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Father's Day Finds
- Celebs & Real Women Face-Off
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Grad Finds
- 11 things you should never wear to a wedding
- 12 models who stole the spotlight at Cannes
Fall's Hottest Trends1 of 11
Fall fashions are now hanging on the racks of your favorite stores, but what are the trends to try and how do you make them work for you? Glo Style Editor, Lilah Nicolaidis, explains how to wear fall's hottest trends.
Equestrian2 of 11
One of our favorite trends, equestrian, is back for another go-round and we’re seeing jodhpurs, cropped jackets and vests, like here at Christian Dior. Go for a pair of tall flat boots in black or brown for a simpler way to try this trend on for size.
SHOP NOW: Riding Boots, $260
Something Metallic3 of 11
There were so many glittering moments this season but this stunning dress from Dries Van Noten pretty much sums up the look. If you can’t justify a metallic solo, try a blouse or a top for a touch of shine that’s still on trend.
SHOP NOW: Metallic Top, $395
The Fifties4 of 11
The '50s are making a comeback and we promise you can wear this trend — just go for a scoop neck top and a full skirt that falls just below the knee to mimic the era’s famous silhouette. A beehive pinned back with a headband only adds extra chic to your look. Mille grazie, Prada.
SHOP NOW: Fifties Inspired Dress, $200
Tailored Menswear5 of 11
Try an elegant tailored suit at the office, then wear the jacket on the weekend with jeans and a t-shirt. We recommend navy pinstripe as a classic fall style, like this look from Balmain.
Long Full Skirts6 of 11
Step outside your comfort zone and try a longer, fuller skirt for day. The length should be almost to your ankle, while the waist should be gathered and the skirt full. Wear this sophisticated look with a simple tee (or a cropped jacket as shown at Louis Vuitton) and we guarantee you’ll feel polished.
SHOP NOW: Long Full Skirt, $238
Utilitarian Chic7 of 11
Exaggerated lapels and decorated epaulettes stormed the runways but our favorite uniform-esque references were separates in chic shades like khaki and military green, like this look from Celine.
SHOP NOW: Utilitarian Chic Dress, $264
Head-To-Toe Color8 of 11
Color was all over the fall runways and we particularly loved the monochromatic looks, like this gem from Rachel Roy. If one color overall is too dramatic for you, try a long layer in a bold color to satisfy your color cravings.
SHOP NOW: Long Cardigan, $49
The Twenties9 of 11
Beaded embellishments will be on all the racks of your favorite stores, with styles paying homage to the flapper glamour of the '20s. If a beaded dress (like this Alberta Ferretti number) is too over-the-top for your taste, try an embellished bag, belt or scarf to ease into this trend.
SHOP NOW: Beaded Bag, $78
Sweater Dressing10 of 11
This fall, sweaters are chunky and bold with knit embellishments and exaggerated shapes. You don’t need to go as avant garde as Michael Kors, but try a cowl neck, a voluminous crew or an oversize collar as a way to get in on this trend.
SHOP NOW: Bold Knit, $365
Minimalism11 of 11
This trend appears with regularity every season (especially at Calvin Klein) and a shift dress is a fool-proof way to wear this look with confidence.
SHOP NOW: Shift Dress, $100
- All the Essentials for Your Summer Road-Trip
- The Best White Jeans for Summer
- New Girls'-Night Trend: Naked Photo Shoots
- 10 ways to look younger right now
- 9 habits of highly creative people
- 10 Secrets of Healthy Relationships
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds