Check out Shakira's rockin' elle photo shoot
- Next1 of 22Glo
- Previous Next2 of 22CARTER SMITH
- Previous Next3 of 22CARTER SMITH
- Previous Next4 of 22CARTER SMITH
- Previous Next5 of 22VSummers/Splash News
- Previous Next6 of 22Pascal Le Segretain/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 22Tony Barson Archive/FilmMagic
- Previous Next8 of 22Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 22Stuart Franklin/FIFA via Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 22Carlos Alvarez/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 22ADRIAN SANCHEZ-GONZALEZ/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 22Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- Previous Next13 of 22Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 22Venturelli/WireImage
- Previous Next15 of 22John Parra/WireImage
- Previous Next16 of 22Carlos Alvarez/Getty Images
- Previous Next17 of 22Mike Marsland/WireImage
- Previous Next18 of 22Steve Granitz/WireImage
- Previous Next19 of 22HECTOR MATA/AFP/Getty Images
- Previous Next20 of 22Jamie McCarthy/WireImage
- Previous Next21 of 22Jason Kirk/Getty Images
- Previous Next22 of 22Jim Spellman/WireImage
Intro-Elle-Shakira1 of 22
Love Actually2 of 22
On her relationship with Spanish soccer star Gerard Piqué: "He has his own world and that's actually one of the healthiest things about the relationship. I know that he's the one person who is with me not because of any interest other than the love that unites us. There's nothing I can offer him beyond my womanhood—does that word exist in English?"
Parent Trap3 of 22
Her experience as a new mother: "I'm still trying to figure it out. And I have a feeling I will try to do the same for the rest of my life. Some people put it like it's very idyllic, some people put it like it's a torturing experience, but it's not quite one thing or the other. It's like life—it comes with everything."
ON ELLE: The Best Female Singers Of 2013
Divine Intervention4 of 22
On how meeting Gerard has restored her faith: "I think, if you can prove the existence of God, it can only be proven through love. I even had lost my faith for a while. I was becoming an agnostic. And it was really hard, because I was always very religious, and for a few years, maybe because—it sounds so corny—I was not feeling the love like it was supposed to be, I started to think that there was no God. And suddenly I meet Gerard and the sun comes out."
Laid-back Leather5 of 22
The singer looks effortlessly cool in a black leather jacket and boyfriend jeans at a live performance for season 4 of The Voice.
See more from Shakira's shoot in the July issue of ELLE, on newsstands June 25. In the meantime, click through the slides to see the singer's best fashion moments over the years.
Lacey Lady6 of 22
The Voice coach chose an edgy lace top to offset her bleach-blond tresses at her S by Shakira perfume launch in Paris.
ON ELLE: 100 Swimsuits for Every Body Type
Shine On7 of 22
The singer stunned in a colorful jewel-encrusted Furne One minidress and matching rhinestone sandals at the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes.
Pleasing Pleats8 of 22
While being honored by the French Ministry of Culture, she chose a graphic pleated dress and knee-high boots.
Red Hot9 of 22
Shakira went old Hollywood glamour in a fire-engine-red jeweled gown and retro waves at a gala in Switzerland.
Heavy Metal10 of 22
The singer shined in a gunmetal silver mini and a freshly shorn bob at an awards show in Madrid.
Well Plaited11 of 22
At the Latin Record Awards, she opted for a blue cutout gown by Gabriela Cadena and a trendy disheveled side braid.
Golden Girl12 of 22
Shakira stole the show at the 2011 Latin Music Awards in a rhinestone-studded gold gown.
Follow Suit13 of 22
Strategic color-blocking gave the singer's white blazer just the right amount of rock-and-rock style.
Wild Thing14 of 22
The Colombian star made jaws drop at the 2010 MTV Europe Music Awards in a plunging metallic Pamella Roland dress and tousled waves.
Gold Rush15 of 22
At an awards show in Miami, the singer rocked her go-to red carpet silhouette: a sweetheart neckline and a mini hemline.
Rock Steady16 of 22
Back in 2009, the singer was all rock and roll: Here, she goes for head-to-toe black and cornrow braids to boot.
Think Pink17 of 22
The pop star was spotted in London in a salmon pink dress—a rare departure for the girl who prefers black to other hues.
Yellow Fever18 of 22
At the American Music Awards, the singer went for a canary yellow Versace minidress and her heel of choice: the super-platform.
Heat Waves19 of 22
The pop star smoked the red carpet at the 2007 Grammy Awards in a red hot Carolina Herrera column gown and natural waves.
Girl Next Door20 of 22
Back when the Colombian star was just getting her fashion footing, she made an in-store appearance in a concert tee and wide-leg pants.
Fringe Benefits21 of 22
At the Radio Music Awards in 2001, the fresh-faced singer went wild in a two-piece sequined ensemble.
Bare Necessities22 of 22
Making a style statement at the MTV Music Awards, the singer left little to the imagination back in 2001.
NEXT ON GLO: The Best Self-Tanners On The Market Today
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- 7 Shortcuts To Soft, Smooth Skin
- This Weekend's Best Holiday Sales
- 9 Outfits Inspired By Favorite Holiday Movies
- How to Be More Outrospective
- Holiday Decorating Secrets From the Pros
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway