The definitive guide to printed pants
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Dorothy Perkins
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Madewell
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Revolve Clothing
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Dorothy Perkins
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of La Garconne
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Joie
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Dorothy Perkins
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of J.Crew
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Madewell
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Reiss
Fine Prints1 of 11
By Nicole Mann Novick
Don't let a fear of printed pants keep you from wearing one of spring's cutest new trends. The key to making them work? Finding the right silhouette for your shape. Whether you're tall or petite, straight or curvy—or somewhere in between—these ten options offer something chic for everyone.
High Class2 of 11
Women with boyish figures will benefit from printed pants with high waists, creating the illusion of curves in all the right places.
SHOP NOW: Topshop pants, $84
Optical Illusions3 of 11
Vertical stripes are the fastest shortcut to longer, leaner legs. We especially like this pair for their slouchy, cool cut.
SHOP NOW: Madewell pants, $225
Mission Accomplished4 of 11
Forget about concealing; camo prints often accentuate all the wrong places. But this loose-fitting chino style doesn't hug hips and thighs—a perfect fit for pear-shaped bodies.
SHOP NOW: Current/Elliott pants, $238
Tight Laced5 of 11
Perfect for tall, slender women hoping to show off some curves, these lace-printed leggings would be oh so chic with an oversize sweater and sweet ballet flats.
SHOP NOW: Dorothy Perkins leggings, $25
Petal Pushers6 of 11
These floral corduroys with a midrise waistline will do wonders for a rounder middle—a great pick for new moms.
SHOP NOW: Etoile Isabel Marant corduroys, $340
Break Loose7 of 11
Flowy, wide-legged pants soften a busy print and elongate a petite frame.
SHOP NOW: Joie pants, $278
Get Shorty8 of 11
Bright prints can be busy and overwhelming on shorter women. Wear a loose-fit capri pair with your favorite wedges for the illusion of longer legs.
SHOP NOW: Dorothy Perkins pants, $45
Rise & Shine9 of 11
The straight leg and fitted hip and thigh area on these brocade capris create the same flattering effect as an A-line skirt, hiding ample legs and showing off a flat midsection.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew capris, $148
Spot On10 of 11
Tailored trousers are a posh alternative to the standard skinny—and help lift and shape your backside.
SHOP NOW: Madewell trousers, $190
Tall Order11 of 11
For those blessed with extreme height, an ankle-length pair in a minimalist cut will help keep your look balanced. Team this leafy pair with slouchy knits for a casual daytime look, or sexy heels for an evening ensemble.
SHOP NOW: Reiss pants, $180
- 11 Eco-Friendly Brands To Shop Right Now
- 10 Things Guys Really Do After a Breakup
- SNL alum lands huge Garnier campaign
- Decorate A Rental Without Losing Your Deposit
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- How Celebs Dress 10 Pounds Thinner
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds