Dare to Wear: The baroque trend
- Next1 of 9Glo
- Previous Next2 of 9Courtesy of Iconix Brand
- Previous Next3 of 9Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next4 of 9Courtesy of ASOS
- Previous Next5 of 9Courtesy of Citizens of Humanity
- Previous Next6 of 9Courtesy of ASOS
- Previous Next7 of 9Courtesy of J Brand
- Previous Next8 of 9Courtesy of Pearl Collective
- Previous Next9 of 9Courtesy of Jennifer Behr
- Dare to Wear: The baroque trendThe Most Elaborate Holiday Windows Displays
- 18 Years of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- And Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year Is...
- 10 Hottest Celeb Bikini Trends This Winter
- Simplify Your Look & Your Life in 2014
- The 20 Best of Street Style Looks of 2013
- 11 Best Shopping Sites You've Never Heard Of
- Shopping Guide: 7 Fringe Boots To Buy Now
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Sparkly Finds
- The Sexy & Sophisticated Way to Show Some Skin
- ELLE Names Joan Smalls The New Supermodel
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Awkward Situations
- 9 Outfits Inspired By Favorite Holiday Movies
- 15 Kids' Gifts That Are Secretly for You
- Celeb Looks For All Your Holiday Parties
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Holiday Giveaway
- 12 Must-Haves From Isabel Marant for H&M
- 7 Best Friends (& Bloggers) With Polar Styles
- Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Show 2013
INTRO_Dare_To_Wear_Baroque_vo21 of 9
Short & Sweet2 of 9
These shorts may be mini, but they deliver a major dose of drama to any look. Slip a pair of black tights on underneath and opt for a solid silk blouse on top.
SHOP NOW: Material Girl shorts, $34
Tie One On3 of 9
On this scarf, a bit of animal print freshens up a traditionally baroque black-and-gold print. Throw it on to bring some glamour to your basic jeans-and-tee combo.
SHOP NOW: Baroque Animal scarf, $54
Top Notch4 of 9
With a modern cut and graphic color-blocking, this baroque blouse (in a jacquard fabric) pairs easily with a pair of snug skinny jeans and simple flats.
SHOP NOW: ASOS Jacquard Top, $52
Fancy That5 of 9
A pair of velour pants with an elaborate print calls for something sophisticated and understated up top. A safe bet? A black blazer with a neutral tank underneath.
SHOP NOW: Citizens of Humanity Avedon jean, $248
Looking Sharp6 of 9
Black roses and gold spikes offer an edgy take on the baroque trend. Wear it to add a little drama and toughness to a more conservative black dress.
SHOP NOW: ASOS stretch bracelets, $26 (for two)
In the Red7 of 9
When it comes to ornate patterns on denim, stick to simple lines and steer clear of too many layers or textures on top. Try these jeans with a lightweight chambray button-down to temper the velvety texture.
SHOP NOW: J Brand jeans in red brocade, $242
Shoulder Dusters8 of 9
Long tassel-style earrings, particularly ones accented with pearls, are an easy way to incorporate the baroque trend into your look. This pair’s dramatic length makes enough of a statement that a necklace isn’t necessary.
SHOP NOW: Pearl Collective Exclusives Readcrest earrings, $125
Gilded Age9 of 9
This elegant gold headband is the perfect accessory to anchor a diaphanous dress or add some drama to a simple cocktail number.
SHOP NOW: Jennifer Behr Pegasus headband, $375