My Down The (Real) Shore Scrapbook
- Next1 of 24Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 24Courtesy of Tory Burch
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 24Courtesy of A Little Honey
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 24Courtesy of Clark's Botanicals
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 24Courtesy of Havaianas
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 24Courtesy of Kate Spade
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 24Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 24Courtesy of Neutrogena
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 24Courtesy of Mission Skincare
- Previous Next10 of 24Courtesy of Nars
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 24Courtesy of Tory Burch
- Previous Next12 of 24Courtesy of Toys R Us
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 24Courtesy of Olympus
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 24Kevin Cremens for ELLE
- Previous NextWant It!15 of 24Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous NextWant It!16 of 24Courtesy of Sampar
- Previous NextWant It!17 of 24Courtesy of La Garçonne
- Previous NextWant It!18 of 24Courtesy of Victorinox Swiss Army
- Previous NextWant It!19 of 24Courtesy of Seaton
- Previous NextWant It!20 of 24Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous NextWant It!21 of 24Courtesy of Tecnica
- Previous NextWant It!22 of 24Courtesy of Calypso
- Previous Next23 of 24Courtesy of Calypso
- Previous Next24 of 24Glo
- My Down The (Real) Shore Scrapbook9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- A History of Women and Underarm Hair
- Beauty Tips From A Supermodel-Turned-Actress
- 19 Beauty Tricks That Will Change Your Life
- Outrageous Makeup Looks Only Bloggers Will Try
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Gotta Have It
- Your Ultimate Guide to At-Home Self-Tanners
- Gotta Have It: Daily Animal Finds
- 12 Most Outrageous Brow Trends Ever
- 8 Skin Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making
- What Your Blowout Style Says About You
- Why Every Woman Should Be Using A Facial Oil
- What Guys Think Of 10 Spring Hair Trends
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Daily Floral Finds
- Ombre Nails How-To
- Spring Nail Colors Inspired By Chick Flicks
- 12 Ways To Look Prettier In Under 30 Seconds
- Beauty Secrets We Learned From Jennifer Aniston
style_Intro Card_Scrapbook_Megan_v01a1 of 24style scrapbook Jersey shore
The Italian Job2 of 24
South Jersey, here I come. This trendy chic duffel by Tory Burch (a Philly girl herself!) will have me heading eastbound in exquisite style and allow plenty of room for my beach gear.
BUY NOW: Tory Burch Duffel, $325
Redeye Master3 of 24
To maximize my time at the beach, I take the redeye. And to ensure I catch some zzz's I've packed my trusty neck pillow. Coach has never felt so good. One cheap mini Cabernet and then it's shut-eye!
BUY NOW: A Little Honey Travel Pillows, $15
Eye On The Prize4 of 24
I want to be bright-eyed when mom greets me at the airport, so I've packed my Clark's Botanicals eye de-puffer. First pit stop: Dunkin' Donuts for chocolate munchkins and vanilla coffee with cream and sugar. Breakfast of champions!
BUY NOW: Clark's Botanicals Anti-Puff Eye Cream, $87
Walking on Sunshine5 of 24
These versatile flip flops will be a staple of mine all weekend long. They'll keep my feet from getting burned on the hot sand and look cute with a sundress as I cruise the boardwalk and play some skee ball.
BUY NOW: Havaianas, $24
Stars In Her Ears6 of 24
I love these simple starfish studs. Perfect for everyday wear and their nautical vibe make them quite beach-worthy.
BUY NOW: Kate Spade earrings, $45
Under Cover7 of 24
Ah, the classic aviator. These sporty specs will protect my eyes from the sun's rays and give me free reign to people watch. They're also my saving grace after a night of my uncle's homemade Bello limoncello. Centi Anni!
BUY NOW: Ray-Ban aviators, $139
Bronzed Goddess8 of 24
As I mentioned, I am half Irish and now that I'm in my thirties, getting loads of sun on my body isn't my idea of sexy. I get my sun-kissed glow from a bottle. I've tried 'em all and this Neutrogena spray leaves me streak-free.
BUY NOW: Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Spray, $10
Saving Face9 of 24
Naturally I follow up my faux tan with this water-proof, sport-friendly SPF spray. It will be my daytime companion all weekend long.
BUY NOW: Mission Skincare All-Sport SPF, $10
Kiss Me You Fool10 of 24
I feel irresistibly kissable in my NARS lipstick with SPF. Adding a little color while protecting my lips? Yes, please!
BUY NOW: NARS Pure Sheer SPF Lip Treatment, $25
It's A Shore Thing11 of 24
To avoid the bathing suit blunders of summers gone by (surfing in a bandeau bikini is a no-no), I've opted for this retro and flattering halter top and boy short combo. It says, I'm playful but respectful of fellow beachcombers at the same time.
Dead Ringer12 of 24
Horseshoes, bocce ball, wiffle ball. You name the beach game, and we play it. These old school horseshoes will shine down on 64th Street beach. Let the games begin!
BUY NOW: Stats Horseshoes, $30
Smile Like You Mean It13 of 24
I'm not afraid of getting sandy, especially when I'm building sand castles and surfing the jetty, so a tough, waterproof camera/video cam is the way to go. Action beach shots are the best.
BUY NOW: Olympus Stylus Tough 3000, $185
Skinny Dipping14 of 24
Next to night swimming, outdoor showering is one of my favorite summer perks. Luckily, my parents' shore house has a quintessential rustic-chic outdoor shower, perfect for a rinse straight off the beach. I'll be sure to stash one of these scented body washes for a little pampering.
BUY NOW: Philosophy's Celebrate Body Wash, $12 each
Riddle Me That15 of 24
These light-weight pjs are perfect for muggy summer nights. And they'll be fun to lounge in come morning while we sit around the kitchen table drinking coffee, eating Mallons' sticky buns and partaking in our family's annual crossword competition (my mom always wins).
Funny Face16 of 24
By 2 a.m. my sister and I will somehow find ourselves in each other's clothes, 3+ glasses of wine deep, sitting on our king size bed, wearing face masks, of course. Life is good. So I'm coming prepared with Sampar's delectable face mask, to give us that extra sisterly glow.
BUY NOW: Sampar Nocturnal Line-Up Mask, $95
The Time Share17 of 24
We will also be sorting out our latest (fashion) time share. It's a girl thing. I'm coming with an offer she can't refuse. This beautiful pleated dress will fit her like a glove and win me that designer shirt of hers I've been eying since Christmas.
BUY NOW: 3.1 Phillip Lim Dress, $625
Uncle Joe's Boat18 of 24
I'm one savvy fisherman after summers of hanging at the "yacht club" (birch beer on tap and salty fishermen) and learning the art of fishing from my Uncle Joe. To impress him this summer, I've got my handy Swiss army knife to bait, hook and clean my fish like a pro. There's even a lobster on it. How apropos!
BUY NOW: Victorinox Swiss Army Knife, $21
Aunt Kath's Kitchen19 of 24
Our fresh catch of the day gets grilled up and served with lots of homemade dishes by my incredibly talented aunt Kath. This laid-back, cozy sweater is a fun piece to throw on when we're just hanging around the table doing what we do best: eating and talking and laughing. Pass the meatballs. ...
BUY NOW: Seaton Boyfriend Cardigan, $335
Jersey Tomadas20 of 24
My seashore experience is full of kitchen-hopping. This cool and comfy jumper is essential for my feeding mission. There's room to breath, so I can go back for seconds. Next stop: Aunt Con's for some "tomadas-potadas-and-squash" and of course, her famous mussels. Yum!
BUY NOW: Tucker dress, $200
On The Run21 of 24
With the craziness of a big family, I like to have a little me time. A run on the beach at sunset is my favorite way, and these shock-absorbing, ultra-cool sneaks will help me accomplish this in style and comfort.
BUY NOW: Tecnica Sneaker, $114
On The Way To Cape May22 of 24
Our family loves boat rides down the coast (singing along the way) to our favorite dockside restaurant in Cape May for the best crabs in Jersey. This boho cover-up satisfies my inner hippie and transitions from boat-wear to cracking crabs alongside Dad.
BUY NOW: Calypso tunic, $135
Time To Party23 of 24
I'm quite petite, so I love rocking a fun platform, especially when hitting the local watering hole. Gotta get the bartender's attention for the $1 beer specials. These sassy kicks go with everything, and are great for dancing the night away and partying with my cousins.
BUY NOW: Castaner Sandal, $250
Now It's Your Turn24 of 24
I used my Glo scrapbook to pick my must-haves for my family vacation down the shore. What will you use yours for?