ELLE Cover: Gwyneth Paltrow
- Next1 of 16Glo
- Previous Next2 of 16Carter Smith
- Previous Next3 of 16Carter Smith
- Previous Next4 of 16Carter Smith
- Previous Next5 of 16Carter Smith
- Previous Next6 of 16Carter Smith
- Previous Next7 of 16Gary Gershoff/WireImage
- Previous Next8 of 16WeirPhotos/Splash News
- Previous Next9 of 16Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- Previous Next10 of 16Dimitrios Kambouris/FilmMagic
- Previous Next11 of 16Kevin Mazur/WireImage
- Previous Next12 of 16CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next13 of 16Jennifer Mitchell/Splash News
- Previous Next14 of 16Splash News
- Previous Next15 of 16CAMERA PRESS/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next16 of 16The Image Gate/Getty Images
Elle_Gwyn_v021 of 16
Natural Instincts2 of 16
Organic to the core, Paltrow lounged on vintage furniture while being draped in cozy designs by Isabel Marant, Julien Macdonald and Christopher Kane.
FROM ELLE: Check out the full cover story on ELLE
Sunny Side Up3 of 16
On deciding to take on more upbeat roles: "I'm sick of doing the crying-in-my-soup part. I want to laugh. I want to sing. The main thing is, I want to have fun.”
Solo Act4 of 16
On creating a solo album: "Beyoncé and Jay—they think that I should just go do it by myself. That I should go […] in a studio and see what happens. So that's probably what I'll do."
Marriage Material5 of 16
On the false rumors of a split: "Sometimes it's hard being with someone for a long time. … I always say, life is long and you never know what's going to happen. If, God forbid, we were ever not to be together, I respect him so much as the father of my children."
Family Matters6 of 16
On her decision to take on smaller roles like Glee to be able to focus more on family: "I can do short jobs. If I was still starring in three movies every year, there's no way that I'd be the person my kids want when they fall down."
Back to Basics7 of 16
Looking simply chic in a vintage Calvin Klein strapless dress, Paltrow returns to her mainstay minimalist style at the 10th anniversary dinner of the nonprofit organization Baby Buggy.
Summer Love8 of 16
After watching pal Beyoncé perform in West London, Paltrow escapes the paparazzi in a chic summer ensemble.
Deliciously Dressed9 of 16
Bringing brightness to the table in a simple yellow Rachel Roy dress, the actress-turned-foodie author promotes her new cookbook, My Father's Daughter.
Golden Child10 of 16
Looking absolutely statuesque, the Oscar winner wore a nude shimmery Stella McCartney dress to the 2011 Costume Institute Gala to honor the late Alexander McQueen.
FROM ELLE: America's most beautiful people
Feathered Friends11 of 16
Expanding on her musical repertoire, Paltrow performed with Cee Lo Green at the 2011 Grammys.
Tux Type12 of 16
The mega-star tops off her sexy black Balmain minidress with a sleek tuxedo jacket while attending the Iron Man premiere in London.
FROM ELLE: Celebrity body transformations
Tough Lady13 of 16
Gaining street cred as she promotes Iron Man 2 on Good Morning America, Mrs. Chris Martin rocks a leather jacket and booties, yet balances it out with a feminine printed blouse.
Silk Road14 of 16
Paltrow looks effortless in a simple combo of a silk nude top and black shorts as she steps up to Late Show With David Letterman.
FROM ELLE DECOR: Gwyneth Paltrow's Favorite Things
Making Waves15 of 16
At the 2007 Academy Awards, Paltrow graced the red carpet in a salmon-colored Zac Posen mermaid gown.
Pretty In Pink16 of 16
The mother of two looks fit for an afternoon tea party with daughter Apple, 7, and son Moses, 5, in her flattering, sweet pink Alaia dress.
NEXT GALLERY: Behind the scenes at the ELLE August cover shoot
- Dog Vs. Man: Which is the better companion?
- Go punk without looking like a poser
- An App for "Secure" Sexting
- Decadent (and inexpensive) new beauty buys
- Are you ready to celebrate the supermoon?
- Glo's Latest Obsession: Wedding Finds
- Dream home gyms inspired by top fitness studios